PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 02:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Re: I ordered sprint htc hero from telesales today!!!

Just switched my plan today. turns out that after 4 years of thinking i had SERO (and being told I had SERO by SPRINT) I actually had a plan that had all the features of SERO and the price of SERO but wasnt actually SERO. Needless to say it was not compatible with the HERO after much hassle (2hrs on the phone with idiots) a manager got me set up wit the EPRP 500 plan. Sad to see my old plan go but glad to leave winmo... Also it may be good I switched now since I technically didn't have SERO it may have been hard to switch later down the line when they force everyone off eventually... The manager did say that my plan was bizarre and looked like SERO, acted like SERO but some how wasn't. Sprint screwed up but at least they did the right thing in the end!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

mercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I just figured I'd say this one more time (I know it's been said plenty of times before). The Hero, Pre, Instinct, and other smart phones require an everything data plan. SERO will not work. This is built into their billing system. It is automated. Once they either generate your first statement (or in my case, audit your account), you will be bumped off of SERO. Just cause a CSR promised you they set you up with the right codes, does not mean that you won't be fighting with someone else in a month or two.

Anyway, I'm excited to get my hands on the Hero. Maybe today at Best Buy. We'll see.

Good luck guys!

Hit me with some THANKS!
Old 10-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

At BB now picking up my Hero. Posting from their demo Hero very nice much smaller than I thought more detail soon!
Very snappy too seems fast enough
Old 10-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

At BB now picking up my Hero. Posting from their demo Hero very nice much smaller than I thought more detail soon!
Very snappy too seems fast enough
Old 10-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

Wait a sec, I just ordered the HERO through telesales and I have a sero plan. Are you guys saying I will not be able to activate it? If that's the case, why did they sell me the phone?
Old 10-09-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro2 w/ Android

dem0n2001 is just getting started

not sure why you guys keep saying that smart phones are not allowed on sero. I have two phones both on sero. one phone has the diamond and the other has the touch. both work fine and dandy.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

aggie6600 is a n00b

I got mine from Best Buy today. I had to switch to the Everything Data Plan.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie6600 View Post
I got mine from Best Buy today. I had to switch to the Everything Data Plan.
So you didn't mind switching to a plan that costs double the price? For the exact same features?
Old 10-09-2009, 03:52 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
Yes Im you WILL have to be on a Data plan for this phone and by Data I mean Everything Data phone as this is a Sprint Feature phone.
im not on evrything data and i got one, also only paid 129 after q00doller mail in, no shipping\activation or upgrade fee.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2 / hero
Carrier: sprint

dmb60614 is keeping up the good workdmb60614 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Wait a sec, I just ordered the HERO through telesales and I have a sero plan. Are you guys saying I will not be able to activate it? If that's the case, why did they sell me the phone?
to trick you into giving up your SERO plan? i can't tell you what will happen to your plan. all i can tell you is that the csr i talked to today said the hero was not compatible with SERO. she said it was compatible with the everything plus referral program that they came up with to replace SERO.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero