PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88
Just got myself an Evo

Whats up guy's?

Well after almost a year of waiting, my TP2 finally took a **** on Saturday. So I ended up grabbing myself up an Evo (ordered on Sunday and arrived this morning).

Just wanted to say I could not be happier with this little (or not so little) device. It has been far better then I could imagine, and I actually don't miss my TP2 at all.

So anyway, yeah.....the Evo ******* rocks.

MOD Edit: Rule violations.
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728

Last edited by WarChild; 05-04-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Re: Just got myself an Evo

@jamio88

Cool man welcome aboard! As a new android user you may have some questions. (Heck, I know I did) so if you need help with something please dont hesitate to pm me or if you cant find it in the forums just post it!

(I'm no GTen, or Daren Wilson but will do whatever I can to help for sure!)

Good luck and enjoy your amazing device!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:19 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Welcome to the Evo section. Although the Evo 3d will be out soon, I would have held out, this is a great phone just watch your battery usage and root the dang thing as soon as possible.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Welcome to the Evo section. Although the Evo 3d will be out soon, I would have held out, this is a great phone just watch your battery usage and root the dang thing as soon as possible.
I got me EVO 4G 2 months ago. I didnt hold out because i have no need for a 3d phone. I dont even have a 3d tv and as far as 3d on the phone for me is a gimmick. As far as having sense 3.0 the 4g will have roms soon with sense 3.0 on it. All I wanted was a 4g phone and leaving my tp2 i wanted to stay with HTC and wanted the EVO vs. the SHIFT for that 4.3in screen. Enjoy your new phone bro. Does your area offer WiMax? Mine doesnt until late spring.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Welcome to the EVO...
I've had mine since Sprint offered up NOTHING at CES and Barcelona. I'm a Gold member and plan on getting the 3D if Sprint does a repeat preformance and offers up NOTHING at CES and Barcelona again early next year.
p.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Welcome to the EVO...
I've had mine since Sprint offered up NOTHING at CES and Barcelona. I'm a Gold member and plan on getting the 3D if Sprint does a repeat preformance and offers up NOTHING at CES and Barcelona again early next year.
p.
Sprint has the HTC Rider world phone coming which is 3d and does 1080p video.

HTC Rider: Full Specifications Revealed
Old 05-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Looks pretty sweet.

I can't wait to see what the holidays and CES and Barcelona bring us.

I don't mind keeping my EVO a few months after tha in order to get a cooler phone.... But usually by the time my upgrade is up... I just do it.
p.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:15 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 View Post
I got me EVO 4G 2 months ago. I didnt hold out because i have no need for a 3d phone. I dont even have a 3d tv and as far as 3d on the phone for me is a gimmick. As far as having sense 3.0 the 4g will have roms soon with sense 3.0 on it. All I wanted was a 4g phone and leaving my tp2 i wanted to stay with HTC and wanted the EVO vs. the SHIFT for that 4.3in screen. Enjoy your new phone bro. Does your area offer WiMax? Mine doesnt until late spring.
Yes but the Evo 3d isn't the only feature that it has over the Evo. I myself hate 3d. The battery life is suppose to almost double on the 3d.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

thanks guys. yeah, I rooted her about 30min after she arrived. so far I can't believe how awesome this phone is.

no wimax here but getting 3g speeds of 4.37 Mbps

now I just need to find a nice ROM. gonna look into Vin, he was my dude when it came to TP2 roms.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:17 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 View Post
Sprint has the HTC Rider world phone coming which is 3d and does 1080p video.

HTC Rider: Full Specifications Revealed
from what i've read, this is not a Sprint phone, but a euro version of the 3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamio88 View Post
thanks guys. yeah, I rooted her about 30min after she arrived. so far I can't believe how awesome this phone is.

no wimax here but getting 3g speeds of 4.37 Mbps

now I just need to find a nice ROM. gonna look into Vin, he was my dude when it came to TP2 roms.
Virus is working on the kingdom port that will have sense 3.0 & 4g.....

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G