PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Just got myself an Evo (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143394)

jamio88 05-03-2011 11:47 PM

Just got myself an Evo

Whats up guy's?

Well after almost a year of waiting, my TP2 finally took a **** on Saturday. So I ended up grabbing myself up an Evo (ordered on Sunday and arrived this morning).

Just wanted to say I could not be happier with this little (or not so little) device. It has been far better then I could imagine, and I actually don't miss my TP2 at all.

So anyway, yeah.....the Evo ******* rocks.

MOD Edit: Rule violations.

jimmiekain 05-04-2011 09:04 AM

Re: Just got myself an Evo

@jamio88

Cool man welcome aboard! As a new android user you may have some questions. (Heck, I know I did) so if you need help with something please dont hesitate to pm me or if you cant find it in the forums just post it!

(I'm no GTen, or Daren Wilson but will do whatever I can to help for sure!)

Good luck and enjoy your amazing device!

WarChild 05-04-2011 10:19 AM

Welcome to the Evo section. Although the Evo 3d will be out soon, I would have held out, this is a great phone just watch your battery usage and root the dang thing as soon as possible.

Parasurfer1979 05-04-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarChild (Post 2096960)
Welcome to the Evo section. Although the Evo 3d will be out soon, I would have held out, this is a great phone just watch your battery usage and root the dang thing as soon as possible.

I got me EVO 4G 2 months ago. I didnt hold out because i have no need for a 3d phone. I dont even have a 3d tv and as far as 3d on the phone for me is a gimmick. As far as having sense 3.0 the 4g will have roms soon with sense 3.0 on it. All I wanted was a 4g phone and leaving my tp2 i wanted to stay with HTC and wanted the EVO vs. the SHIFT for that 4.3in screen. Enjoy your new phone bro. Does your area offer WiMax? Mine doesnt until late spring.

AZTECHKA 05-04-2011 05:44 PM

Welcome to the EVO...
I've had mine since Sprint offered up NOTHING at CES and Barcelona. I'm a Gold member and plan on getting the 3D if Sprint does a repeat preformance and offers up NOTHING at CES and Barcelona again early next year.
p.

Parasurfer1979 05-04-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA (Post 2097217)
Welcome to the EVO...
I've had mine since Sprint offered up NOTHING at CES and Barcelona. I'm a Gold member and plan on getting the 3D if Sprint does a repeat preformance and offers up NOTHING at CES and Barcelona again early next year.
p.

Sprint has the HTC Rider world phone coming which is 3d and does 1080p video.

HTC Rider: Full Specifications Revealed

AZTECHKA 05-04-2011 06:29 PM

Looks pretty sweet.

I can't wait to see what the holidays and CES and Barcelona bring us.

I don't mind keeping my EVO a few months after tha in order to get a cooler phone.... But usually by the time my upgrade is up... I just do it.
p.

WarChild 05-04-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 (Post 2097211)
I got me EVO 4G 2 months ago. I didnt hold out because i have no need for a 3d phone. I dont even have a 3d tv and as far as 3d on the phone for me is a gimmick. As far as having sense 3.0 the 4g will have roms soon with sense 3.0 on it. All I wanted was a 4g phone and leaving my tp2 i wanted to stay with HTC and wanted the EVO vs. the SHIFT for that 4.3in screen. Enjoy your new phone bro. Does your area offer WiMax? Mine doesnt until late spring.

Yes but the Evo 3d isn't the only feature that it has over the Evo. I myself hate 3d. The battery life is suppose to almost double on the 3d.

jamio88 05-05-2011 02:41 AM

thanks guys. yeah, I rooted her about 30min after she arrived. so far I can't believe how awesome this phone is.

no wimax here but getting 3g speeds of 4.37 Mbps

now I just need to find a nice ROM. gonna look into Vin, he was my dude when it came to TP2 roms.

OMJ 05-05-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 (Post 2097235)
Sprint has the HTC Rider world phone coming which is 3d and does 1080p video.

HTC Rider: Full Specifications Revealed

from what i've read, this is not a Sprint phone, but a euro version of the 3d

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamio88 (Post 2097440)
thanks guys. yeah, I rooted her about 30min after she arrived. so far I can't believe how awesome this phone is.

no wimax here but getting 3g speeds of 4.37 Mbps

now I just need to find a nice ROM. gonna look into Vin, he was my dude when it came to TP2 roms.

Virus is working on the kingdom port that will have sense 3.0 & 4g.....