PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

sprintevo is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Airave Problem with Custom ROM

Hi,
I have used multiple custom ROMS and always find one problem. I can get full signal bars and all incoming calls are crystal clear. But when I dial out, I get a gargled noise. I can't hear the " you are under the airave coverage" message when I dial *99 . I reflashed to sprint lover ROM and the phone and airave works fine. Sprint has replaced my airave twice and replaced the phone 3 times. I always have the problem with OMJ and Cynogenmod ROMS. I have not tried anything different yet. I am using the Sprint Lovers ROM and the airave and phone works fine. Here is the software information:
Android Version: 2.2
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Software number: 3.70.651.1
PRI : 1.90_003
PRL60677
I would like to try some other custom ROM, but has not had good luck with outbound calls. Please help me and tell me how can I fix this. I am happy with the current Sprintlovers ROM, but its very identical to the custom ROM and I would like to try something different.
Thanks
Old 05-09-2011, 10:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Re: Sprint Airave Problem with Custom ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintevo View Post
Hi,
I have used multiple custom ROMS and always find one problem. I can get full signal bars and all incoming calls are crystal clear. But when I dial out, I get a gargled noise. I can't hear the " you are under the airave coverage" message when I dial *99 . I reflashed to sprint lover ROM and the phone and airave works fine. Sprint has replaced my airave twice and replaced the phone 3 times. I always have the problem with OMJ and Cynogenmod ROMS. I have not tried anything different yet. I am using the Sprint Lovers ROM and the airave and phone works fine. Here is the software information:
Android Version: 2.2
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Software number: 3.70.651.1
PRI : 1.90_003
PRL60677
I would like to try some other custom ROM, but has not had good luck with outbound calls. Please help me and tell me how can I fix this. I am happy with the current Sprintlovers ROM, but its very identical to the custom ROM and I would like to try something different.
Thanks
I ran into the same problem and just returned it. Sprint could never resolve my issues.
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

sprintevo is a n00b

Did you return the phone or airave?
Old 05-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Which Airrave unit do you have? Airvana or the older Samsung one?
Old 05-10-2011, 01:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintevo View Post
Did you return the phone or airave?
I returned the airave and had the new one which does 3G.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 05-10-2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:17 AM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

so i take it i'm not the only 1 having a problem with the airrave ???
Old 05-10-2011, 02:21 AM
JDM Honda EJ2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I was having problems with my airave also until they restarted it for me and problem solved. No more dropped calls, full 3G crystal clear voice.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Will7272 is keeping up the good workWill7272 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Will7272 Send a message via MSN to Will7272 Send a message via Yahoo to Will7272 Send a message via Skype™ to Will7272

I have an Airwave that does 3G and run Fresh Gingerbread rom 4.0.0.4 and don't have any problems....neither does my wife.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

sprintevo is a n00b

I tried the Fresh Gingerbread 4.0.0.4 and yes...it works. I think its the radio in this is same as the stock ROM( 2.15.00.11.19). So I think OMJ and Cynogenmod didn't work because it has different radio.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G