PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

divineazn716 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Random reboot on Evo

Anyone been having any issues with their evo rebooting out of no where? I dont know what it is but I can be using my evo just to text for a lil bit and then all of a sudden it'll just reboot on it's own? the last application i installed was juice defender, that program works pretty good but i noticed a lil lag on my evo after it? I dont know if it's because of that or what but I've had my phone for about a couple months brand new. well just wondering if anyone else has had this problem...
Old 04-30-2011, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

bckoolaid is just getting started
Re: Random reboot on Evo

I have had the random reboot happen a few times to me. Very rare to happen so I haven't worried about it. I personally don't use juice defender as it doesn't make sense to me so can't say whether or not that could be your issue.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,Touch,TP2,Hero,Pre,Evo,Evo Shift,Evo 3d

undarated is keeping up the good workundarated is keeping up the good work

A few questions to help with troubleshooting. When did the reboot start? Before or after juice defender? Are you rooted or running a custom rom and kernel? If so list rom and kernel. Lets start there
Old 05-01-2011, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

In the past random reboots only occurred for me when using more intensive apps while downclocking the processor to speeds too low to handle them. If you're using setCPU, maybe crank it up about 30-70mhz?
Also, try out another ROM, that may help.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started

I too get the random reboot, but not very often. There were a couple in the middle of the night when the phone hadn't been used for hours and was just sitting and it reboots and wakes me up. Not sure what was going on in the background or if it was downloading anything, which it shouldn't have been. But it hasn't happened for a while either.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

jenks540 is a n00b

My Wife's launch day Evo developed a cronic reboot issue. After a couple trips to the sprint store and multiple factory resets, they finally replaced it a couple weeks ago with a brand new one. No insurance claim necessary.

After a bit of research, I came to the conlusion it was overheating. It got to the point where using the navigation would eventually cause it to reboot everytime.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Random reboots is a known issue and is a defective board on your phone. There's lots of threads and discussions on this very issue. Search Google and you will see what i'm talking about. It will only get worse and you will eventually have to have your phone replaced. My first EVO developed that same problem and it got so bad I had no choice but to take it in to my local Sprint store so they could order me a replacement.There's no fix and you can flash roms & kernels until your fingers get blisters and it will not solve the reboots aka power cycling.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
Random reboots is a known issue and is a defective board on your phone. There's lots of threads and discussions on this very issue. Search Google and you will see what i'm talking about. It will only get worse and you will eventually have to have your phone replaced. My first EVO developed that same problem and it got so bad I had no choice but to take it in to my local Sprint store so they could order me a replacement.There's no fix and you can flash roms & kernels until your fingers get blisters and it will not solve the reboots aka power cycling.
i had same reboot problem what i did was send it back to htc under manufacturer defect and they fix it i dont know what they did to my evo but the reboots stop
Old 05-23-2011, 06:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

talon95 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaPlaya View Post
I too get the random reboot, but not very often. There were a couple in the middle of the night when the phone hadn't been used for hours and was just sitting and it reboots and wakes me up. Not sure what was going on in the background or if it was downloading anything, which it shouldn't have been. But it hasn't happened for a while either.
I fixed this on mine by turning off "Enable Always On Mobile Data" in the Mobile Network Settings. I would get a random reboot maybe once a month or so in the middle of the night.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G