PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 05:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dkd711 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who switched from TOUCH PRO 2 to EVO 4G??

Are you in love with your hard keyboard on that TP2? If so you better buy the EVO Shift instead.

I upgraded from an EVO to the Evo Shift as soon as it came out, I hate touch keyboards!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

The TP2 has pretty much the best full hardware keyboard on any smartphone device. That's the only thing that I miss about the TP2. Also, if the EVO has an external access SD card slot that would have been great, rather than under the battery style. The stylus wasn't that bad, it allowed for more accuracy than the capacitive screen with your finger. The major disappointment with the TP2 was the fact that the processor and camera was the same as the TP1 without the flash.

Either way, the EVO is bounds better than the TP2, and you can use the TP2 battery as a spare in the EVO. So much smoother and responsive.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

I made this transition, it was like night and day. I should have given in earlier. I underestimated how far Android OS has come since I played with the first version long ago.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

faxmonkey is keeping up the good workfaxmonkey is keeping up the good work

The only thing i miss with the TP2 is the keyboard. It's been a year for me on an EVO and i'm starting to get used to the touch keyboard.
What i hated about the TP2:
1. MMS issues
2. Laggy
3. Had to reboot it like 2x a day.

It seemed like every other day there was a rom update to fix some issue with it. I've used OMJ from day one and everything just works.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Its virtually painless switching from WinMo 6.5.x to Android. A little bit of a learning curve...but not too bad. IF you know to post here...then I'm sure you know enough to make the switch.

MY biggest pain was swapping from a physical keyboard to an on screen one. If you can't live without a hard keyboard (which you should be able to figure out within those first 30 days...) you can always switch to the Shift OR you might want to consider the Epic (size is just about the same as the TP2.)

Playing on my wife's Epic...the keyboard is much like the TP2 (not as good, but good enough)

Old 04-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I loved my TP2, but jumping to android was a welcome change. I put android on the tp2 but it wasnt the same. The hardware was too dated. I may not have been an iphone killer but I loved in non the less.

To me, the Merge seems to be a better successor than the EVO Shift
Old 04-07-2011, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

knlmwq is a n00b

Not that you need another person telling you what a good idea it is to upgrade from a touch pro 2 to an evo 4g but.... It is a great idea. The only negatives are the battery life and losing the keyboard. The keyboard is no longer an issue for me as far as texting is concerned. I still feel like hardward keys are much much better for gaming though.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Was using the TP2 and then upgraded to the EVO and never looking back. I pick up the TP2 sometimes and I don't know why I ever put up with it.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979

I switched from the TP2. I had WM6.5.x on it. I was happy with it but I was just ready for a new phone. HTC Sense helped the transition to android a lot. You'll love the phone. I just switch 2mo ago and I'm fine i didn't wait for the EVO 3D. unless you have a 3D TV it's a gimmick. Kids with Nintendo 3DS are getting sick from the 3D screen. That news just was released the other day. Dual Core isn't needed on a phone. Guys have their 4G overclocked to 1.8GHZ and it does fine. Even at 1GHZ the phone zips fast to ME.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I loved my TP2. I just got tired of Android and Apple getting all the apps and all I had was a bad sounding hacked version of Pandora and Slacker. Everything else was just MEH.
I stuck with it and decided to go WP7 when I found out the arrive was coming I was excited. But the Massive screen won me over. I don't miss my TP2 cuz I still use it as a music player on wifi and of course a charger for my battery as it's battery and the EVO's battery are the same.
p.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G