PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PS3 WIFI straight from EVO!!!!!!

I have officially hooked my PS3 up wireless from (directly) my EVO! None of that stuff where you hook the evo to the cpu ect... I'm currently running Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo Rom from xda. He states that he has unlocked (which is true) Sprints hotspot!!! I don't know if any other developers can or know how to do this already? But he also has the other wifi app on there! My long time issue with that other wifi app is when I hooked it up to the PS3 it wouldn't connect because of failure to the DNS sever, which Sprint hotspot has embedded to there app which allows to connect to cpu, labtops etc...

Last edited by Sauske; 10-25-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer
Re: PS3 WIFI straight from EVO!!!!!!

How is any different that this?

Even though it's kind of a neat little trick, I couldn't possibly fathom downloading and playing games over 3G/4G connections. Yea, 4G is pretty fast, but not fast enough for PS3 games played online.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post

Even though it's kind of a neat little trick, I couldn't possibly fathom downloading and playing games over 3G/4G connections. Yea, 4G is pretty fast, but not fast enough for PS3 games played online.
On the contrary, my friend I'm playing MW2 now, with no lag! granted I did see a 1 to 1.5 sec frame rate lag one time on 3G speeds!!!! I havent tried 4G yet, and I can upload video later for proof...Headed to work now!
Old 10-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

I don't see how some people say they're playin online with their PS3 or 360, using Sprint 3G or 4G connection...I'm gonna have to try it & see how bad it sucks compared to my lightening fast Comcast connection
Old 10-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj.iscool View Post
I don't see how some people say they're playin online with their PS3 or 360, using Sprint 3G or 4G connection...I'm gonna have to try it & see how bad it sucks compared to my lightening fast Comcast connection
A few times out of pure desperation I have played multiplayer on xbox live over a 3g connection in the past(tp1 & tp2 using wmwifirouter) and to tell you the truth it played a lot better than I thought it ever could. The biggest issue is obviously a high ping but all in all it was pretty smooth experience. The games I were playing at the time were halo 3 and mw2, now granted my friends laughed at me but they were surprised at how well it worked. I haven't tried it on 4g but I am sure it will work just fine since it seems like 4g has about half the ping times as 3g and its a lot faster than 3g.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'd love to try this but Myn's rom breaks my 4G :'(
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 10-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Most ROMs that use Calkulins fix for removal of Sprint authentication will work, you can use the hotspot without them knowing your using it. I am on OMJ and his works.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:35 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I don't know how this is anything new.....I was using wifi tether on my PS3 daily last month for about 3 weeks.....
Old 10-25-2010, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj.iscool View Post
of course it want be faster than your broadband connection, I have brighthouse and I get 27-30gb standard! but It's convenient when I take my ps3 to outings and my family or friends don't have internet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
A few times out of pure desperation I have played multiplayer on xbox live over a 3g connection in the past(tp1 & tp2 using wmwifirouter) and to tell you the truth it played a lot better than I thought it ever could. The biggest issue is obviously a high ping but all in all it was pretty smooth experience. The games I were playing at the time were halo 3 and mw2, now granted my friends laughed at me but they were surprised at how well it worked. I haven't tried it on 4g but I am sure it will work just fine since it seems like 4g has about half the ping times as 3g and its a lot faster than 3g.
Thankyou themuffinman, I was suprise when I tried it! people think I'm trying to replace my broadband connection, there sadly mistaken! that'll be years before anything remotely close to that happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
I'd love to try this but Myn's rom breaks my 4G :'(
My 4G works on his rom? so I don't know what version your/were using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Most ROMs that use Calkulins fix for removal of Sprint authentication will work, you can use the hotspot without them knowing your using it. I am on OMJ and his works.
Oh...Thanks for the info, I had no Idea about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I don't know how this is anything new.....I was using wifi tether on my PS3 daily last month for about 3 weeks.....
With the standard wifi app or sprint hotspot app? Because whenever I use the other app (wifi app and not sprint hotspot) the PS3 always gives me this DNS sever error and never connects!
Old 10-26-2010, 10:30 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
With the standard wifi app or sprint hotspot app? Because whenever I use the other app (wifi app and not sprint hotspot) the PS3 always gives me this DNS sever error and never connects!

I was using the Wifi Tether App.....I've never used the Sprint hotspot....

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G