PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   PS3 WIFI straight from EVO!!!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=135953)

Sauske 10-25-2010 12:05 PM

PS3 WIFI straight from EVO!!!!!!

I have officially hooked my PS3 up wireless from (directly) my EVO! None of that stuff where you hook the evo to the cpu ect... I'm currently running Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo Rom from xda. He states that he has unlocked (which is true) Sprints hotspot!!!:cheers: I don't know if any other developers can or know how to do this already? But he also has the other wifi app on there! My long time issue with that other wifi app is when I hooked it up to the PS3 it wouldn't connect because of failure to the DNS sever, which Sprint hotspot has embedded to there app which allows to connect to cpu, labtops etc...

MidwestDrummer 10-25-2010 01:14 PM

Re: PS3 WIFI straight from EVO!!!!!!

How is any different that this?

Even though it's kind of a neat little trick, I couldn't possibly fathom downloading and playing games over 3G/4G connections. Yea, 4G is pretty fast, but not fast enough for PS3 games played online.

Sauske 10-25-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer (Post 1980794)

Even though it's kind of a neat little trick, I couldn't possibly fathom downloading and playing games over 3G/4G connections. Yea, 4G is pretty fast, but not fast enough for PS3 games played online.

On the contrary, my friend I'm playing MW2 now, with no lag! granted I did see a 1 to 1.5 sec frame rate lag one time on 3G speeds!!!! I havent tried 4G yet, and I can upload video later for proof...Headed to work now!

tj.iscool 10-25-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

I don't see how some people say they're playin online with their PS3 or 360, using Sprint 3G or 4G connection...I'm gonna have to try it & see how bad it sucks compared to my lightening fast Comcast connection

themuffinman 10-25-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tj.iscool (Post 1980890)
I don't see how some people say they're playin online with their PS3 or 360, using Sprint 3G or 4G connection...I'm gonna have to try it & see how bad it sucks compared to my lightening fast Comcast connection

A few times out of pure desperation I have played multiplayer on xbox live over a 3g connection in the past(tp1 & tp2 using wmwifirouter) and to tell you the truth it played a lot better than I thought it ever could. The biggest issue is obviously a high ping but all in all it was pretty smooth experience. The games I were playing at the time were halo 3 and mw2, now granted my friends laughed at me but they were surprised at how well it worked. I haven't tried it on 4g but I am sure it will work just fine since it seems like 4g has about half the ping times as 3g and its a lot faster than 3g.

RicoRich196 10-25-2010 04:09 PM

I'd love to try this but Myn's rom breaks my 4G :'(

TREmp77 10-25-2010 04:32 PM

Most ROMs that use Calkulins fix for removal of Sprint authentication will work, you can use the hotspot without them knowing your using it. I am on OMJ and his works.

OMJ 10-25-2010 04:35 PM

I don't know how this is anything new.....I was using wifi tether on my PS3 daily last month for about 3 weeks.....

Sauske 10-25-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tj.iscool (Post 1980890)

:idea1: of course it want be faster than your broadband connection, I have brighthouse and I get 27-30gb standard! but It's convenient when I take my ps3 to outings and my family or friends don't have internet!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1980929)
A few times out of pure desperation I have played multiplayer on xbox live over a 3g connection in the past(tp1 & tp2 using wmwifirouter) and to tell you the truth it played a lot better than I thought it ever could. The biggest issue is obviously a high ping but all in all it was pretty smooth experience. The games I were playing at the time were halo 3 and mw2, now granted my friends laughed at me but they were surprised at how well it worked. I haven't tried it on 4g but I am sure it will work just fine since it seems like 4g has about half the ping times as 3g and its a lot faster than 3g.

Thankyou themuffinman, I was suprise when I tried it! people think I'm trying to replace my broadband connection, there sadly mistaken! that'll be years before anything remotely close to that happening

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicoRich196 (Post 1980932)
I'd love to try this but Myn's rom breaks my 4G :'(

My 4G works on his rom? so I don't know what version your/were using?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREmp77 (Post 1980956)
Most ROMs that use Calkulins fix for removal of Sprint authentication will work, you can use the hotspot without them knowing your using it. I am on OMJ and his works.

Oh...Thanks for the info, I had no Idea about that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 1980960)
I don't know how this is anything new.....I was using wifi tether on my PS3 daily last month for about 3 weeks.....

With the standard wifi app or sprint hotspot app? Because whenever I use the other app (wifi app and not sprint hotspot) the PS3 always gives me this DNS sever error and never connects!

OMJ 10-26-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauske (Post 1981017)
With the standard wifi app or sprint hotspot app? Because whenever I use the other app (wifi app and not sprint hotspot) the PS3 always gives me this DNS sever error and never connects!

I was using the Wifi Tether App.....I've never used the Sprint hotspot....