PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PS3 WIFI straight from EVO!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I was using the Wifi Tether App.....I've never used the Sprint hotspot....
That's good! I could never get my PS3 to work....kept giving me that DNS sever error? Going to try it now!

Yea it worked! So I don't have to use the Sprint hotspot, because I tried to use 4G but it only ran in 3G (& yes 4G was turned on) when I did the WiFi tether it allowed 4G to run! Thanks OMJ back to your Rom!

Last edited by Sauske; 10-26-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:51 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i agree with OMJ, the wifi tether pre-8 had the ablity to make itself look like a standard router instead of straight connection. its nice using the actual hostpot app from Sprint (UI looks better to me) but i still use wireless tether devoutly

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 10-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff

4g + PS3 = lost packets. It really cant handle online gaming or "good" video streaming that well. Go to pingtest.net and see what I mean. It may seem to work ok but its not stable.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

This is nothing new I have been able to do this since CM6 RC1 and how long ago was that. With CM6 though you could only use 3g and it was laggy but it gave me hope that if I could get a good 1.5mb on 4g I would have no issues playing online with that connection.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

pre9-11 had some fixed for the EVO 4g connection...it used to use the rerouting table which helped with 2.1 but in 2.2 it caused issues...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-27-2010, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Threadstarter

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
This is nothing new I have been able to do this since CM6 RC1 and how long ago was that. With CM6 though you could only use 3g and it was laggy but it gave me hope that if I could get a good 1.5mb on 4g I would have no issues playing online with that connection.
Yea I don't have a issue with 4G and even with 3G it surprisingly ran smooth!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Movies come through to my Netflix Roku box just fine on 3G with Wifi Tether
Old 10-27-2010, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I was using the Wifi Tether App.....I've never used the Sprint hotspot....

^^

x2 on this one

Old 10-27-2010, 04:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Ive been doing this since I got my Evo months ago. I mean seriously? You thought this was new?

And yeah, I played Bioshock 2 on 3g with very little lag. Im sure now on 4g it'd be fine. I pull 7-8 mpbs at home, with TWC I was getting 3. So my 4g is faster than anything I got hardwired
Old 10-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
4g + PS3 = lost packets. It really cant handle online gaming or "good" video streaming that well. Go to pingtest.net and see what I mean. It may seem to work ok but its not stable.
Packet loss - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G