PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant galaxy s
Carrier: T-Mobile

argentinito is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ok i have 245mp internal memory... is this low? Or not? If i have like 10mp left if memory is this goin to slow my phone the down or not? How can i save memory
Old 11-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: memory question!!!!!

Are you running a custom ROM? If so, you can use A2SD and copy apps to the SD card and save some space on your main memory. If not, I would recommend that you leave yourself at least 100MB available on the main memory, just as a buffer for system and cache files.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by argentinito
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ok i have 245mp internal memory... is this low? Or not? If i have like 10mp left if memory is this goin to slow my phone the down or not? How can i save memory
Yes, your phone will run poorly.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Im not root it n ok i will do that...
Old 11-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You don't need a custom rom to move apps to the sd card, you just need Froyo which everyone with an Evo has if they are running 2.2.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Yes, I meant that most of the custom ROMs have the app and support built-in. You can still move apps to the SD card with Froyo.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

But not all appli. Can be move to sd card i have thiz appli. Apply2sd n i have si many appli. That cant be move to sd
Old 11-09-2010, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

roofus3000 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by argentinito View Post

But not all appli. Can be move to sd card i have thiz appli. Apply2sd n i have si many appli. That cant be move to sd
I agree with this. my problem is that im rooted on a stock rom. apps2sd with froyo doesn't transfer all apps to sd card. Ive been reading up on xda about dark tremors apps2sd, but if i read correctly stock sense roms won't work with it. my issue is if I go to a rom that has this already installed...since i have to wipe my phone first this will erase all of my apps and mods that are in internal memory, leaving me with nothing. Although from that point on I would be able to have the option to put the apps on my phone that froyo previously wouldn't allow, I lose everything. Won't I? Any one out there have any suggestions on what I can do here?
Old 11-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Not all apps can be moved to the SD card, they have to be updated by the author to work on the SD card and some simply won't function properly on the SD card. That is why some will move and some won't. You may need to be more selective to what you install, sure its neat to have every app you can but in reality if you don't use the app on a regular basis uninstall it and then download it again later if you need it again.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by argentinito View Post

You have 245 left? Thats not low, at all. I am at 160 and cannot tell the difference between a fresh install or where i am at now. If you go below 40 or so you will see some slow down.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G