PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: memory question!!!!!

Quick question on the same subject: If i download app.apk file to my pc how can i install it on SD cause hoy sync will install on main memory. is the a way to install .apk file to sd card directly ?

my very first evo i was on WM 6.5 for years now android so still very new to it..

Thanks
Old 11-09-2010, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

roofus3000 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus3000 View Post
I agree with this. my problem is that im rooted on a stock rom. apps2sd with froyo doesn't transfer all apps to sd card. Ive been reading up on xda about dark tremors apps2sd, but if i read correctly stock sense roms won't work with it. my issue is if I go to a rom that has this already installed...since i have to wipe my phone first this will erase all of my apps and mods that are in internal memory, leaving me with nothing. Although from that point on I would be able to have the option to put the apps on my phone that froyo previously wouldn't allow, I lose everything. Won't I? Any one out there have any suggestions on what I can do here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Not all apps can be moved to the SD card, they have to be updated by the author to work on the SD card and some simply won't function properly on the SD card. That is why some will move and some won't. You may need to be more selective to what you install, sure its neat to have every app you can but in reality if you don't use the app on a regular basis uninstall it and then download it again later if you need it again.
I know that dark tremors apps2sd allows apps that normally dont function on sd card to work ie gamelofts games which hog up alot of internal memory. Need for speed takes up over 30 mb of space. I need to know if is there a way to get all of my games on the sd card by using dark tremors or is there another way. I know i should be able to get all or mostly all of my games and apps on the sd card. please help!!
Old 11-10-2010, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

roofus3000 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus3000 View Post
I know that dark tremors apps2sd allows apps that normally dont function on sd card to work ie gamelofts games which hog up alot of internal memory. Need for speed takes up over 30 mb of space. I need to know if is there a way to get all of my games on the sd card by using dark tremors or is there another way. I know i should be able to get all or mostly all of my games and apps on the sd card. please help!!
Any responses on this i know there is a solution...just don't know where to look. If if backed everything up using titanium would i be able to save things like my hulu app with the flashed hex edit? and once I flash..say...the fresh rom with dark tremors apps2sd will it automatically transfer every app to my sd card or do I need to do it automatically or will titanium take care of it?
Old 11-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Well, you can always connect the device to a USB cord and plug that USB cord into a port and then copy the files from the computer to the device and with an application like Astro File Manager, you can then install the applications. You call also download an application called Apps2sd and use it to move applicable applications to the card. You can also download/install an application such as WebSharing to copy files to the device and Astro to install, and so forth and so on and et cetera.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Verizon

elnene20 is becoming a great contributor

I was able to put 98% of my apps to sd with Titanium Backup. The 2% where the ones that did not work correctly because of them being placed to the sd... Well I just moved those back. Hope that helps.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G