PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO for $159.99 @ Tigerdirect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddark4eva View Post
I had the same problem with my Sero plan when I got my Evo from radio shack back in June and my mom (also Sero) jus got an Epic from bestbuy last month. Instead of going thru story ill jus get to the point. Basically I called CS an had told her in order to get the phone for this advertised price they have to switch my plan, she simply noted my account so that it would be switched back to Sero after i got the phone an called back. So call an ask them if they would do that for you.
Did you actually get SERO back? Reason I ask is, this is a loaded question

As you can not get "SERO" back (at least not the original) because it isn't an plan option on the system anymore since 2006. But as of OCT 1, you "could" (YMMV) get on *back on* SERO Premium.

Although to get this deal from the linked, you would have to activate/upgrade to an Everything Data or Everything Plus plan, plus $10 Premium Data.

If you still have SERO or are currently on SERO (F&F 500/1250) you can request to be "upgraded" to SERO Premium, which is compatible with EVO/Epic at a corporate store (they will have to call national sales to hook your plan up)...

-CC
Old 10-15-2010, 01:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

kris510 is becoming a great contributor

$99 bucks now at Amazon w/ free activation.

Amazon.com: HTC EVO 4G Android Phone (Sprint): Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 10-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Did you actually get SERO back? Reason I ask is, this is a loaded question

As you can not get "SERO" back (at least not the original) because it isn't an plan option on the system anymore since 2006. But as of OCT 1, you "could" (YMMV) get on *back on* SERO Premium.

Although to get this deal from the linked, you would have to activate/upgrade to an Everything Data or Everything Plus plan, plus $10 Premium Data.

If you still have SERO or are currently on SERO (F&F 500/1250) you can request to be "upgraded" to SERO Premium, which is compatible with EVO/Epic at a corporate store (they will have to call national sales to hook your plan up)...

-CC
In my case sumone messed up sumwhere cus from wut i understand this new "premium sero" is wut $59 +10 data?

I didnt get my exact plan back which came out to $34 F&F 500 +TEP on my TP2. I got bumped up to the $69 plan +$10data for like literally 2mins. then was moved to $49 (500mins) +$10 data so my bill is $59, wit TEP an taxes it comes out to 74.62 a month. the same goes for my mom and her epic.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:43 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris510 View Post
wow....very nice!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D, HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Sprint/Verizon

tornadog is a n00b

Well I am now on Sero Premium, $40 for 500 minutes. But both Sprint and Tigerdirect told me I am not eligible for any of the 4G phones. I guess I will stick with TP2 for now and move to the T7 Pro when it comes out next year.
Quote:
10/15/2010 05:34:18PMArun Nayar: "Can I get a Evo 4G on my SERO Premium plan?"
10/15/2010 05:34:32PMAgent (Lionel M): "Hello Arun."
10/15/2010 05:34:38PMArun Nayar: "hi"
10/15/2010 05:34:41PMAgent (Lionel M): "I will assist you with this."
10/15/2010 05:35:36PMAgent (Lionel M): "Please allow me a few moment so that I can access your account."
10/15/2010 05:37:43PMAgent (Lionel M): "Thank you for your patience."
10/15/2010 05:38:22PMAgent (Lionel M): "You need the Data plan in your HTC EVO 4 G phone."
10/15/2010 05:38:44PMArun Nayar: "thats the $10 addon, right?"
10/15/2010 05:38:54PMAgent (Lionel M): "Yes."
10/15/2010 05:39:35PMAgent (Lionel M): "You can add Data share plan in your all lines."
10/15/2010 05:40:07PMArun Nayar: "so I have to add that before I get the evo 4g?"
10/15/2010 05:40:34PMArun Nayar: "I am trying to order it from a 3rd party but they are having difficulty adding it to my account"
10/15/2010 05:40:47PMArun Nayar: "it says my plan is ineligible for the 4g phones"
10/15/2010 05:41:01PMAgent (Lionel M): "Ok."
10/15/2010 05:43:13PMAgent (Lionel M): "Yes your phone is ineligible for Sero premium plan. You need to change the plan."
10/15/2010 05:44:23PMArun Nayar: "Ok thanks for the help"
10/15/2010 05:44:34PMAgent (Lionel M): "You are welcome."
10/15/2010 05:44:46PMSession Ended
Old 10-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog View Post
Well I am now on Sero Premium, $40 for 500 minutes. But both Sprint and Tigerdirect told me I am not eligible for any of the 4G phones. I guess I will stick with TP2 for now and move to the T7 Pro when it comes out next year.
Sprint | Already an Everything Plus or SERO customer?

What are the plan details of the new SERO Premium rate plans?
As of 10/1/10, there will be two SERO Premium plans available, SERO Premium 500 at $40/month and SERO Premium 1250 at $59.99/month. SERO Premium plans will match current SERO rate plans with two added features, Any Mobile Anytime and Unlimited GPS Navigation. SERO Premium rate plans will be compatible with all devices offered by Sprint. Only customers on a current SERO rate plan as of 10/1/10 will be able to swap to a SERO Premium rate plan. SERO Premium rate plans will not be discountable – customers on current SERO plans receiving discounts above and beyond the already discounted SERO rate will lose those discounts when moving to a SERO premium plan. 4G handsets such as HTC EVO 4G and Samsung Epic 4G will also require the $10 Premium Data add-on.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
Best buy may price match your price since your within 30 days. If they don't want to do it then threaten with returning the phone. I think they'll even match and beat it by 10%. You should give it a try.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
Get 1 Free!
Stealth Guards
I'll give it a try! Sending thanks your way.

edit: Just found this on their website:

Does BestBuy.com match the prices of other retailers?

At this time, the BestBuy.com Price Match Guarantee does not cover the prices listed by other online or store retailers.

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|

Last edited by DiamynzNPearlz; 10-16-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yea bestbuy will only pricematch to store based retailers
Old 10-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I forgot about that. They only match local stores. But since you are within 30 days you have all the leverage. Just return the phone and when they ask why tell them you found a lower price. They might give you something to compensate you or you can return it and buy it from tigerdirect. I'm sure a manager at best buy can do more than you think. Best buy has price matched several electronics items for me with online stores just to get the sale. You might luck out.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Just saw another post from another member. Amazon is selling the evo for only $99. You should check it out. If you qualify I would return your phone to best buy and go with amazon. Thats an awesome deal if you can get it.

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
Get 1 Free!
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G