PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 07:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

crookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Voice Actions on Android 2.2

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one failing at this. I tried using it to call my wife for like 15 minutes last night. Not a big time saver when it doesn't work.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint / AT&T

rkiechle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to rkiechle

I started using it yesterday morning when i first read the article... and i would have to say it is great for quick things, such as call "Bob" but for me, my cars BT interface does a more reliable job of calling the numbers and names i want.

And it has a hard time in searching for stuff on the web, like "How do you get a person from Chicago to speak slow enough for this speach engine to figure out what we are saying... "

But for me, for a quick, "TEXT BOB" "I AM DRIVING, CALL ME IF YOU NEED ME!" has been working really well for me...

If i have done something to help you, please thank me so i can thank them and they can thank you...
Old 08-13-2010, 07:59 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

If youre having constant issues its probably the fact that you cant talk clear lol
Old 08-13-2010, 08:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Rooted Stock 1.47
Carrier: SPrint

playya is becoming a great contributor

Yea I must admit its at least 95% accurate
Old 08-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started

I've found even with the BT and my T1 I have say the name phonetically to get it to work. e.g. I say Demory - "Dem-or-ree" but the phone spits back "Dee-more-e"
Old 08-13-2010, 09:08 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It doesn't work like that damn video they show.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Richcop is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Richcop Send a message via Yahoo to Richcop Send a message via Skype™ to Richcop

It works great for me. I have done a bunch of texts and phone calls and every time its been right on the money and no errors. I like it.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Accurate? Told it to play shadows fall and it dialed crimeline...wtf? Told it to call mom on mobile and it dialed Mom and Pops restaurant in toledo, ohio, but I'm in central florida. Worthless if you ask me.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

easy1 is a n00b

I installed the new Voice Actions on a stock Froyo Evo and did a couple of test runs to Google Maps and Navigation. Now the phone is in continuous vibrate mode. Deleting the voice action update didn't help. Taking the battery out didn't help. Any advice, other than a hard reset?
Old 08-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy1 View Post
I installed the new Voice Actions on a stock Froyo Evo and did a couple of test runs to Google Maps and Navigation. Now the phone is in continuous vibrate mode. Deleting the voice action update didn't help. Taking the battery out didn't help. Any advice, other than a hard reset?
If you took batt out and it still has a problem, the only recoarse is to reset. This app (update) is horrible. I'm glad that for some it works flawless but for me, I'd rather be stung on the bunghole by a wasp then use this app. Just tried it again....told it to call dad mobile and it brought up a call dad webpage. Then told it to call/dial voicemail and it dialed valet services of governmental projects in toronto, canada....where's the wasp?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G