PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
When I kill app's, minutes later several are opened again..??

Anyone else have this issue..?? Whenever I use the Kill App's feature and check like 2 minutes later I have more app's open..??

Old 08-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Re: When I kill app's, minutes later several are opened again..??

ATK 's won't work on froyo, nor is it needed...
Old 08-04-2010, 09:07 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_SOHC View Post
Anyone else have this issue..?? Whenever I use the Kill App's feature and check like 2 minutes later I have more app's open..??
ROM, Updates??? We need more details.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

2.2 Froyo Official Release... Advanced Task Killer is the app I'm using... And if this app doesn't work right in Froyo, what would you recommend..??
Old 08-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Id recommend not worrying about it too much...with android when it needs something it opens it, when it is done with it it shuts it back down.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Id recommend not worrying about it too much...with android is something needs something else it opens it, when it is done with it it shuts it back down.
Hmm really, thanks for that bit of info I didn't know that... It just seems like my battery drains a whole hell of a lot when I'm not using my phone, and gets better battery life when I actually do use it..?? I figured it was all these app's opening and closing..
Old 08-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

hey bro, I have the same issue.....didn't happen with 2.1, but its friggin maniacal with Froyo. I tried with no task killer after the update, and i had very crappy battery life....

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo-lution

karong is keeping up the good workkarong is keeping up the good work

Same here. Apps are popping up like crazy. I also tried going with the no task killer like others have suggested but my battery was taking a pounding. I find I get better battery life when using ATK but thats just me.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580

oh man thats the one thing that makes me want to go back to 2.1 its driving me insane!!!

that and the browser lagging and such (not a joy to surf on anymore)

EDIT: shoulda mentioned im on OMJ 2.2 rom.

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed

Last edited by aaron580; 08-04-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: edit
Old 08-04-2010, 09:48 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

It driving me crazy too but I have my task killer close apps every half hour or so.

CW

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G