PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100
Re: When I kill app's, minutes later several are opened again..??

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
It driving me crazy too but I have my task killer close apps every half hour or so.

CW
Which one are you using bro?

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff

There's an application (paid since the light is toooo light) which was the best thing i've purchased to save my battery life and speed. You can all say that you don't need it and this and that, but what counts for me are results, and I get a great result with this app... seriosly, battery improved A LOT, I mean, REALLY A LOT.

The app is STARTUP AUDITOR... Try it... you will all be very surprised...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

bartendersimon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bartendersimon Send a message via MSN to bartendersimon Send a message via Yahoo to bartendersimon Send a message via Skype™ to bartendersimon
I dont know about you guys but i did the update and it work for me. I do not use the atk but i do use my wifi when i have poor signal. I guess when running low of signal it take longer to sync and it waste the charge so maybe is the sync process.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2010, 02:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul(RIP), Pro2, evo4
Carrier: sprint

hidaya is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to hidaya

ive actually killed apps and before i go off the screan see more open up, whatever the issue is i sure hope it gets fixed soon as i have yet to purchase a backup battery!
Old 08-05-2010, 03:49 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

I don't know if its gonna get fixed because it was meant to be like that, froyo have much better management and blocked atk to work the same way. I have good battery using it the way it is, have ATK autokill using more battery because it's gonna start the program back up...
Old 08-05-2010, 07:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

Ok Tickleme....im gonna try without a task killer for a couple days and see what happens..
Old 08-05-2010, 09:13 AM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I have them too but if it doesnt affect your battery why do you care? It's one thing if its running in the background and not using up any battery... another if its actually causing issues. And ATK on froyo is pointless...and it could be an issue with the app itself not being compatible with froyo yet.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

hey guys also try juice defender and put it on your ignore list for your task killer it will help, also i am using task panel x which i love running on longhorn 2.2 froyo i can get my phone to last till 1130pm and off the charger since 6 15 am
Old 08-05-2010, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Stock 2.2

Knuxr is just getting started

I am doing fine on 2.2, I would check your programs and see what is eating your battery up. Chances are it is an app that is not 2.2 supported.

Check your battery usage and see if your phone is actually going into standby.

Also I could have sworn people have gone over this time and again, but Android does not and should not use a task killer, this is not Windows Mobile. Memory is handled very different.

In fact here is a great article on it:
http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-b...-with-android/
Old 08-05-2010, 09:28 AM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

When I get home im gonna post a screen of my battery.. even with sync ON, bloo updating my facebook notifications every 2 minutes and apps running in the background. I came off the charger at 7 am and im still at 90% 2 hours later. Doesnt affect me at all.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G