PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

blazin_diva400 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The auditor app seem to help out a lot. Thanks!

sent from my EVO!
Old 08-06-2010, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

johnnymac is just getting started
Re: When I kill app's, minutes later several are opened again..??

just my $.02.

I was getting horrible battery life. off the charger at 6am and by 6pm the phone was almost completely dead. I installed ATK and set it to autokill everything when the screen turns off. I now have double the battery life that I used too. You can say that it doesn't work or isn't needed, but in my experience (which is very little with Android) it works great and saves battery life.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymac View Post
just my $.02.

I was getting horrible battery life. off the charger at 6am and by 6pm the phone was almost completely dead. I installed ATK and set it to autokill everything when the screen turns off. I now have double the battery life that I used too. You can say that it doesn't work or isn't needed, but in my experience (which is very little with Android) it works great and saves battery life.

yea wut he^ said. Im very familiar wit android an it runs a lot of useless crap that used to kill my battery..installed ATK an now it doesnt simple as that. "but a task manager is not needed android knows wut its doing"...it sure does, its killing my battery.

qik, amazonmp3, sprint nav, news. etc...cmon really? no one can justify those constantly running
Old 08-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

hence why u use startup auditor and not a task killer that leaves artifacts... they wont start if they cant start so then u have the free memory
Old 08-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
hence why u use startup auditor and not a task killer that leaves artifacts... they wont start if they cant start so then u have the free memory

your words have intrigued me stranger. I shall try this startup auditor..jus as soon as i decide whos rom im running today

Edit: auditor sucks apps were still starting up even wit both boxes checked

Last edited by ddark4eva; 08-06-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: update on my experience with an app
Old 08-06-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

This article was tweeted by Cyanogen who is responsible for for creating an Android rom from scratch for several devices. I tend to believe him, the guy writing the article, and Google themselves.
http://thedroidguy.blogspot.com/2010...r-hurting.html

That being said, there are some poorly written apps out there that can keep your phone from sleeping. Facebook 1.3 had a bug that caused this and they fixed it in 1.3.1. If you are getting less than 12 hours of battery life on average usage, you should look into what apps are causing partial wake time.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

stparker38 is a n00b

If you are rooted and install custom ROMS, battery life has a lot to do with which ROM you are on and how it is configured. I was on Fresh 1.0.1 on 2.1 and I received daily 12hrs usage. I had a task killer, but seldom used it. I assumed it was doing the job. I became worried when I began to update to the Froyo ROMS... I tried some of the earlier ones (before the official update) and my battery life was a maximum 6 hrs with almost no use. I quickly went back to 2.1. Then when Fresh came out with his 2.2 I had already tried like three other 2.2 ROMS and was convinced that I wouldn't like the battery life... and it is true that the task killers don't work in 2.2. I am running Fresh's Froyo ROM... I don't have a task killer. Yesterday I took it off charge at 9am and at midnight I had about 30%. I used my phone off and on all day. Today, I have the same results. It is 3:18pm and I am at 43% after 7h 29m of use. It is taking a lot longer to drain and I am convinced now it is in the ROM you choose.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

Ok...i tried with no task killer an my phone is still just as snappy an not really a degredation of battery performance....will keep posting any noticed changes....oh...completely stock 2.2 btw..

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Stock 2.2

Knuxr is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
Free memory really does not do anything in Android... If anything it might give you a small amount of battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm
This article was tweeted by Cyanogen who is responsible for for creating an Android rom from scratch for several devices. I tend to believe him, the guy writing the article, and Google themselves.
http://thedroidguy.blogspot.com/2010...r-hurting.html

That being said, there are some poorly written apps out there that can keep your phone from sleeping. Facebook 1.3 had a bug that caused this and they fixed it in 1.3.1. If you are getting less than 12 hours of battery life on average usage, you should look into what apps are causing partial wake time.
This is what I am saying! Crappy coded apps cause the battery issues, people need to stop downloading every app in the marketplace.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

ATK works wonders for me. The whole "it launches what's needed and shuts down" line is a bunch of crap. i can understand mail and msg starting, but not using sprint nav or google maps in days is no excuse for it needing to start on it's own and shutting off. i use ATK and press kill apps and i have an other list, press kill and an other list pops up. it takes 3-4 times of selecting kill for others to pop up, but minutes later auto kill will show 16 apps killed. i requested for a "keep them killed till i launch them" app and was told that is how android works. i hate this sh*t.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G