PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Stock 2.2
Carrier: Sprint

Knuxr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: When I kill app's, minutes later several are opened again..??

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
When I get home im gonna post a screen of my battery.. even with sync ON, bloo updating my facebook notifications every 2 minutes and apps running in the background. I came off the charger at 7 am and im still at 90% 2 hours later. Doesnt affect me at all.

I am the same way, I use my phone for personal and work so I use it heavily. After a 8-5 day I get home with 60% battery and it lasts until 10pm when it still has about 30-40%.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

I do wish these apps wouldn't open up randomly. There doesn't seem to be any point in doing this. But, this phone still runs fantastic, so I'm not complaining.

For battery life tips, go to www.goodandevo.net

I increased my battery life greatly by doing several of those tips. One of the most important tips for battery life is to turn off "always on mobile data". It's under menu > settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks. After your phone is in stand by for a few minutes, it turns off the 3g radio, and comes back on when you wake the phone up. But it won't affect your gmail notifications. Can't speak for exchange notifications.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Damn, I'm shocked how good a battery some of you are getting..!?! I'll take mine off the charger @ 5am with 100%, brush my teeth, get dressed for work, and leave at 5:30 for work and my phone is already at like 93%... I'm gonna start charging my TP2 battery and bringing it with me to work cuz by noon my phone is just about at the 15% warning..

Old 08-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

I haven't done the update to 2.2 yet because I am waiting on my new sd card from amazon to come.

I have been using Advanced Task Killer to kill everything ever few mins but I ask it to ignore qik, fring, and Push 2 talk so those things always are on.

I'm not sure I am reading everyone's posts correctly... are you guys saying that when I update to froyo Advanced task killer wont work anymore and I wont be able to keep qik, fring and p2t open all the time?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_SOHC View Post
Damn, I'm shocked how good a battery some of you are getting..!?! I'll take mine off the charger @ 5am with 100%, brush my teeth, get dressed for work, and leave at 5:30 for work and my phone is already at like 93%... I'm gonna start charging my TP2 battery and bringing it with me to work cuz by noon my phone is just about at the 15% warning..
JDM, try the following.
When you wake up in the morning unplug it from the charger and use it for a short while (1-2 mins). Plug it back into the charger and you will see how long it takes to charge back up.

This is because once you phone reaches 100% the charging mechanism stops and your phone will continue to run off of its own juice. That drop to 93% means that is how much it has dropped between it finishing charging to the point which you look at it again.

Try this method out and top off your batt before you leave in the morning. You should see different results.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprod View Post
JDM, try the following.
When you wake up in the morning unplug it from the charger and use it for a short while (1-2 mins). Plug it back into the charger and you will see how long it takes to charge back up.

This is because once you phone reaches 100% the charging mechanism stops and your phone will continue to run off of its own juice. That drop to 93% means that is how much it has dropped between it finishing charging to the point which you look at it again.

Try this method out and top off your batt before you leave in the morning. You should see different results.
I'm gonna try this too because I have the same problem. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:43 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Like I was sayin earlier.. I have a ton of stuff running in the background. Doesnt effect me at all...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap20100805_164310.jpg (4.8 KB, 46 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: My EVO punches your IPHONES

mebo73 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mebo73

By saying android doesnt need a ATK why is it that people see apps using so much battery power. Through out my day i can have my phone start with like 200+M and by the end of the day and running my ATK on crazy im at 145m??? That really doesnt make sense to say you dont need an atk.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:24 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebo73 View Post
By saying android doesnt need a ATK why is it that people see apps using so much battery power. Through out my day i can have my phone start with like 200+M and by the end of the day and running my ATK on crazy im at 145m??? That really doesnt make sense to say you dont need an atk.
Look at my battery life... I DONT need atk and im willing to bet my battery life is better than people that use it.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Stock 2.2

Knuxr is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebo73 View Post

The only reason to use ATK is to kill a process that is hung or won't go away so you can uninstall an app. Outside of that ATK is an application that is for previous WinMo users that feel the need to kill apps. Android handles memory in a completely different way, thus killing something just makes it pop back up. Also if you have 2mb of free RAM left Android will perform the same as if it had 200mb, that is how the OS handles memory, a lot more efficent than WinMo. Because you were a WinMo user you have a placebo effect, assuming memory is lower therefore performance is less, when that is not the case here.

If anything ATK can make your battery life less becuase you keep killing apps and they keep restarting. I have never used ATK, not even once, and I have never had issues with battery life.

The things that drain your battery are widgets (FriendStream), using GPS, and normal usage. Now again I am a heavy user with texting, emails and web usage and my phone easily lasts all day.

The funny thing here is that all the users that are using ATK have horrible battery life, hmmmm, no one put two and two together?

Now remember if you use your phone constantly and it dies before noon, don't be surprised, no amount of power saving can save you. This is what happens when you stream Pandora and use Google Maps all morning...

Last edited by Knuxr; 08-06-2010 at 08:15 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G