PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

thomlanphear is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any idea when Sprint will have EVO's in stock?

Well tired of waiting. I can't just go and order from anywhere due to being a govt. agency so I have decided to get the Epic. According to our rep there shouldn't be the issues like with the EVO so I am going that route. So now I am waiting for the 31st, since I am on vacation I will get it when I get back hopefully there won't be any issues.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

This is a crying shame and part of the reason I dumped my Sprint stock. I got out at $4.95 a little while ago and damn glad I did.

As a company, Sprint does not seem to be too smart. They had a real opportunity to penetrate the market and are blowing it!! When you finally have a product that the people want, you should make it available to them!!!!

Apple is stumbling and here is the chance for Sprint to move up the ladder. Besides selling more phones, we benefit from Sprint's success. The more phones sold(and delivered) the more pressure to expend 4G!

I fear a rehash of OS2. An operating system that was hands-down superior to Windows in it's day and IBM marketed it like skim-milk. We were begging for them to spend 50cents to advertize it, knowinjg that if it failed to penetrate the market, we would be sitting on a white elephant. The EVO is selling itself but now Sprint has to deliver.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

So sad. Over 2 ago months when the product launched and they are all sold out. Sprint is always screwing it up. I guess they really don't want to progress past ATT and Verizon
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Yea Sprint is really missing out. I thought they slowed production on it to fix the bugs in the 002 version but its been months now an still no one has them in stock. I have been with sprint since 2000 an i would love to see Sprint rise in the cell phone race but i guess they dont see it that way. I wonder how fast the Epic 4G will re stock when it gets sold out. Do you think since the EVO gets its screens from Samsung they have something to do with it? Maybe there slowing down bringing there LCD screens out because they want more people to jump ship an buy their Epic? I dont know just a thought
Old 08-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Their telesales people are scripted to try to convince you to buy another phone. They all ask you " so what do you like about the EVO" hopefully to get some answer like "I love android" "Well, we're coming out with the Samsung Epic" I'm sitting there insisiting I want the EVO and want only info about the EVO. And they keep telling me about the Epic. WTF is going on? I told my sister how awesome my EVO is but now that she is convinced to get one there is none available. I'm almost tempted to tell her to get an Iphone and be done with it.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

I don't think it's really Sprints fault. If HTC cant produce then Sprint is SOL and so are customers waiting for the phone.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

One other possibility is "costing". It is not uncommon to put out an initial realease and sell it at a very low market to try and get more market share and then push the public to a more profitable product.

Our first release was always our best product (hardware wise). As soon as we put it on the market and had it selling good, we were told to "cost it down". Then we woudl go through the product and find ways to make it cheaper. It was a regular pattern for us.

Since Sprint is selling the EVO for $199 (very few are paying the SMRP) and their plan is quite gernerous, maybe they are actually losing money with each unit they sell.

What is going to suck it when you need to TEP out your unit, they are going to replace it with the $39 product that has all the same features!
Old 08-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

if anyone is still looking for an EVO, i have one for sale in the Bargain Trader thread. shoot me a PM or something.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:12 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent0Hibachi View Post
Yea Sprint is really missing out. I thought they slowed production on it to fix the bugs in the 002 version but its been months now an still no one has them in stock. I have been with sprint since 2000 an i would love to see Sprint rise in the cell phone race but i guess they dont see it that way. I wonder how fast the Epic 4G will re stock when it gets sold out. Do you think since the EVO gets its screens from Samsung they have something to do with it? Maybe there slowing down bringing there LCD screens out because they want more people to jump ship an buy their Epic? I dont know just a thought
Your thinking too much...the Galaxy S phone is coming to 110 countries and 125 carriers and 6 carriers in the US...I think they have better things to do then worry about how to ruin their relationship with HTC over 1 phone on 1 carrier...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
Their telesales people are scripted to try to convince you to buy another phone. They all ask you " so what do you like about the EVO" hopefully to get some answer like "I love android" "Well, we're coming out with the Samsung Epic" I'm sitting there insisiting I want the EVO and want only info about the EVO. And they keep telling me about the Epic. WTF is going on? I told my sister how awesome my EVO is but now that she is convinced to get one there is none available. I'm almost tempted to tell her to get an Iphone and be done with it.
*evil voice*They are telling you the right thing..join the Epic side...we have free* cookies...it is the better option...then you can brag to your sister how you have a better phone *end of evil voice*

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-16-2010, 07:23 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Why do people keep saying SPRINT SPRINT SPRINT??????? Do you people realize that it is NOT sprint that manufactures these phones. I mean what are they supposed to do.. make them appear out of thin air? If HTC doesnt ship them then there is nothing Sprint can do. They had the same issues with the Incredible on Verizon.. why? Because HTC doesnt manufacture phones quick enough to keep up with the demand.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G