PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 04:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Tha Biz
Carrier: Sprint

Runnin_IT is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So yeah now HTC admits the 30fps limit is software because of the HDMI port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
id say probably 90% of evo owners either wont even notice or wont even care. of course us around here care on both accounts but the overwhelming majority will never even understand what 30fps even means. i give them credit for at least admiting to it unlike that fruity compnay
Doesn't it mean it has the geebee's? Or has NOT the geebees...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: So yeah now HTC admits the 30fps limit is software because of the HDMI port.

I can tell you have done your research alright...the fps hack fix doesn't improve input lag at all..well done..
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 07-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
It doesn't bother me....it seems it bothers you to the point that this phone isn't for you. Why reply? Because you remind me of someone who is never happy. Bitching about things isn't very productive now is it? Kinda like a disgruntled postal worker.

HAHA, I've done research and I am by far not illiterate when it comes to anything tech. Now, this 30fps cap isn't effective much at all. Games. That's about it. Your input lag you keep talking about is present in all phones. Hell, even my super duper custom home built bad ass stutters at times when accessing the HDD. This input lag, which I get every now and then only on first use of that particular app, has everything to do with how the evo accesses it's ROM to display the content. Nothing to do with frame rate. Most Movies, videos, etc. are all capped below 30 fps, especially HD content, so again, FPS isn't an issue.

Think of it this way, your EVO works the same way a PC does for the most part. SO when you access a file on your PC and it...lags...before it's opened, that's all on the HDD. Can't blame the vid card.
Some people have unrealistic expectations. Some people just plain enjoy complaining. It makes them feel good. I don't know why.

I live in Santa Monica, California. There are so many hipster douchbags complaining about everything, it's hysterical. According to them, every movie that makes over $10 at the box office sucks ass. Too funny!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Re: So yeah now HTC admits the 30fps limit is software because of the HDMI port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKay View Post
Some people have unrealistic expectations. Some people just plain enjoy complaining. It makes them feel good. I don't know why.

I live in Santa Monica, California. There are so many hipster douchbags complaining about everything, it's hysterical. According to them, every movie that makes over $10 at the box office sucks ass. Too funny!
I agree! I can't believe some people expect their screen not to seperate from the phone or to have rays of light leaking up into the screen.

We should just accept the products we buy as is..
Old 07-07-2010, 04:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

lets be realistic, I hate the 30fps cap, but I work here at Sprint and im our advocate, and weve sold a TON of these things. Ive never EVER heard anyone come in mentioning the 30 fps cap. The truth is, the people that come to this site are in the slim minority of all the smartphone users. Just like MrDSL said, the majority of evo owners dont even know what the hell a 30fps cap is.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

gaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good work

The 30 FPS cap limit is an issue for the average person. I am an average user and not very techy at all. I dont root any of my phones or do any of that advanced stuff. However the 30 FPS limit is noticeable only during certain things. I happen to only notice it when I play Let's Golf from gameloft or the homerun hitter 3d game. Sometimes they are a bit choppy.

Now the main problem here is that when an average user who doesn't realize that this choppyness is related to a software cap will simply try it see the choppyness and say "this phone sux its too choppy". when in reality the phone is amazing and just needs a software fix. iphone switchers would definitely notice this as "let's golf" in particular runs smooth as a baby's bottom on my girlfriends ipod touch.

Anyways hopefully HTC has a software fix for this in the works or hopefully in FroYo this will be fixed.

P.S. As a former WinMo user I love my EVO and android so relax.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post
I can tell you have done your research alright...the fps hack fix doesn't improve input lag at all..well done..
Dude, I've seen the videos on you tube, engadget, here, XDA, and seen all the benchies they have.....there is no difference between mine and theirs in normal use and scrolling in menus. Your forgetting that apps installed and constantly running (some and not all though) have a huge effect in how the phone performs because it's using resources. I think you have a placebo high going on here....

I agree that in games, the cap will make a difference....not in the normal functioning of the phone.

Last edited by gator352; 07-07-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

some of u guys are never happy. lol. i bet HTC guys lurk here, and just get pissed that we bitch about the 10% of stuff it does do that seems to overshadow the 90% of what it does do. evos a great phone. and like every device lacks in some areas.

cant wait till this almighty "droid x" drops that everybody band wagonning on, and see what lil quirks it has that pisses people off here.

cycle continues...
Old 07-07-2010, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I agree! I can't believe some people expect their screen not to seperate from the phone or to have rays of light leaking up into the screen.

We should just accept the products we buy as is..

There is a difference between this and the 30 fps. The fps issue working as HTC intended, the other issues are a problem that can be fixed/resolved. It's like saying 'Damn I can't stand the heat.' and living in Las vegas.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Quote:
I just want to take a moment to defend you. I have read a few post of yours and I dont find them all to be negitive. I also dont find true statements to be negative.

The Evo is awesome BUT.. one of the biggest things wrong with this phone is the short cut taken buy HTC with capping the frame rate. The hero runs at almost 60fps. You can say you dont notice it or dont really care and thats fine. Some of us do care and this is actually a big issue. Yes movies run at less then 30. But I find my movies to have choppy moments at times and my screen tends to lag alot when sliding back and forth or up and down. Not enough to anger me. They are still pretty snappy they are just a little choppy in there movement some times.

I know, I know I have my phone hacked and its overloaded and thats why its not smooth like your perfect GOD Evo. Wrong I probably have alot more free memory on my phone then you do. And I rarly ever see a force close. Everything is working perfectly. The only thing not working perfectly on my phone is that it isnt smooth when scrolling or moving screen to screen. This issue is frame related and it doesnt involve movies or games. 100% of the Evo users will scroll and switch between screens and 100% of the Evo users will notice this even if they dont know what causes it.

Yes its really ok this is just a phone and really no one should be complaining if there screen doesnt roll as smooth as it should. However when then phone can do more but a company decideds to cap it instead of takeing a few extra hours to make it what it should then yes we should rise up and demand better of them.

I try to look at things from both sides so on the other hand yes HTC was being rushed in getting a product out the door so sometimes you gotta get your priorities in line and decide whats inportant. So yeah they probably took short cuts to keep on schedual. Thats fine, and now that the phone they should be taking this time to fix the short cuts before they roll the evo dev's over to the next great HTC device.

Now stop being a sissy boy and stand up for your self. The phone is flawed and MrDSL needs support, not your argumentative coments. MrDSL is standing up for you and me and you slap him in the face. Your morals are flawed.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G