PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO / TP2
Carrier: Sprint

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What is the real difference between 002 / 003

I totally have a 002. I knew something looked off, specially next to my Dad's Droid. I just kept telling myself it was the anti-glare screen protector.

Is there a better way to tell then this?
Just got the bill in the mail and everything.

EDIT: I read this 002 vs 003. I know its been covered countless times. And now I'm just as confused as he is. Meh.... Still want to kill someone though, preferable an iPhone user.

Last edited by OMGWTF_BBQ; 06-25-2010 at 02:06 AM. Reason: ^&$%#!!!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 04:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Peruano_Loco is just getting started
Re: 002 vs 003. I know its been covered countless times.

i have the 003 and its true if you see at an angle it looks yellowish, i going to return it and wait until i find a 002 screen with not yellow tint
Old 06-25-2010, 04:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think folks are looking for rat hairs in your soup. Just eat..........
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: 002 vs 003. I know its been covered countless times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunniz View Post
My theory is youll get rid of one and forget all about the issues when you dont have two sitting side by side. Seriously you will get used to whatever you chose.
Exactly...it's a phone screen...do you think everything is perfect? No...do you wish it was perfect...yes....but this is life...who know if you return your phone...you may just get the same screen...Live with it...keep it...I highly doubt BB, RS or Sprint will take it back because of the screen color...
Old 06-25-2010, 07:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There is always two sides of this fence. The users who are happy and the ones who are not.

When did it become a bad thing as a consumer to want a good product that we are paying for? I mean its not like the phone is free and a lot of us will be stuck with this phone for the next 2 years.

Hey its corporate America just take your phone you bought and deal with it. Now it seems like this mentality is trickling down to the consumer.

Some people want to know if they got a bum screen. As a paying consumer whats wrong with that?

I guess we should just be glad HTC graced us with a phone and just STFU and deal with it.
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 06-25-2010, 08:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

codeman05 is keeping up the good workcodeman05 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post
Some people want to know if they got a bum screen. As a paying consumer whats wrong with that?
So look at your screen at see if it's bummed...
If it is, you have my sympathy...if it looks fine, it's not bummed regardless of the manufacturer and you should relax I've seen some Epson screen's that look pretty washed out and s***y for lack of a better word, it's just luck of the draw. Some of these threads are making people freak for no reason, that's my only point. Three threads about this is a little ridiculous.

If your screen looks good, who cares what you have. Odds are you'd never know you had a 30fps cap, or anything else, if someone else didn't bring it up to you or your a benchmark fiend.

Are there exceptions, sure. I'm not saying they are all perfect so don't crucify me But unless you actually have a problem, relax and enjoy the friggin phone. Atleast it dosen't care how you hold it

Just my worthless two cents, let the paranoia continue!

Last edited by codeman05; 06-25-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I never said I had a problem with my screen but you would know that if you actually read my post.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

codeman05 is keeping up the good workcodeman05 is keeping up the good work

I did read your post and I'm very happy for you.
If you read mine, you'll see I'm not talking about your phone...rather that I'm speaking to the notion of "omg I have a novatec screen, it's poor quality!". Hence why I quoted only a piece of your post...sheesh.

Sorry if I came across abrasive, but the between reading some of this misinformation and hysteria (in general, not singling out a person,thread, or even issue)... I needed to vent

Have a nice day

Last edited by codeman05; 06-25-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Threads merged.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
My 003 Novatec looks a lot better than my 002 Epson

Just saying.
You have a 0002 with an Epson screen?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G