PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: the mighty EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Fabulas is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 44 hours and still counting....

guess I'll have to root my phone so I can get the overclock widget
Old 06-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappy0869 View Post
Here is my current battery usage:

However you classify my usage, I am getting about twice the battery life that I did on my Touch Pro2.
I'm glad you are getting great results. But it is due to the fact that your phone is never being used.
Android system is only using 5% of the battery. This tells me that you don't surf the internet, or use apps or basically use anything on the phone. 2% in voice calls shows me that you barely talk on the phone.

This is very light use IMO. You have a new toy, use it to the full potential! Go crazy.

Your results are that great because the phone is in standby the whole time.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

/\ that's true but if u can get 30 hrs with very light use, you can certainly make it through to the end of the night with regular.......
Old 06-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I would say I get about 12-14 hours with my definition of moderate usage. 4 hours of gaming 6 hours slacker radio and about 9 emails an hour. I use the oc widget I really think this more just keeps the rogue processes at bay rather than really reducing real power usage.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
I would say I get about 12-14 hours with my definition of moderate usage. 4 hours of gaming 6 hours slacker radio and about 9 emails an hour. I use the oc widget I really think this more just keeps the rogue processes at bay rather than really reducing real power usage.
see, i'd consider 4 hours of gaming and 6 hours of streaming anything... HEAVY use. moderate to me is you're not attached to your phone all day. maybe half of it.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:39 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBZL View Post
No need for instructions. Just make sure your screen is off and stare at your phone for the next 40 hours. You're welcome.
lmao, thanx for this. glad you said it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think one of the most important "tweaks" is to make sure your phone is actually sleeping.

If you go Menu...Settings...About Phone....Battery and then compare your Up Time to your Awake Time. There should be a difference.

My current snap shot is Uptime 151:32:17
My current Awake time: 28:43:17

I am not claiming this to be without a charge. It's just since a reset.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulas
guess I'll have to root my phone so I can get the overclock widget
idk if its coincidence but my battery went to sh!t after doing that and followed all setting recommendations
Old 06-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
i can push it to 38 hours with only checking email texts and twitter every few hours, but also a lot of standby time randomly in between. i know that's not with heavy or moderate use, but that should say something about all these dumb reviewers quoting 5-10 hours in standby only LOL.
I only get 5-10, with OMJ'S ROM, and all the right settings..
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 06-22-2010, 04:41 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
I only get 5-10, with OMJ'S ROM, and all the right settings..
You guys arent starring hard enough. Lol

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G