PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For People Complaining about evo's 30 fps 720p

[QUOTE=billyman;1827439]I agree 100%. I have seen cell phone cameras/camcorders take much better pictures/video tha the Evo. It seems to me if the technology exists, why not incorporate it into the latest device available. This is one of the reasons I took my Evo back. One more example where the performance didn't support the specs.

I suspect that there is something wrong with your Evo camera - have you seen some of the pics taken with this thing?. Which cell phones take a better pic? Please don't say a Pre because i had 2 of those and was not impressed. Better than my TP2 yes, but thats not saying much.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamMike View Post
my friend has a droid ericsson for verizon. he show me a video of something he recorded. it was like 10 times better than any video i ever recorded on my evo. his video was amazing, it was so crisp and clear. i was thinking "why doesnt my evo record like that?" ... that is all.
The HTC Droid Eris from Verizon is made by the same company HTC and runs the same OS Android by google.

The hardware technical specs on the EVO are superior to the ERIS, so other than your friend running some other app or has tweaks to his cam app on his phone, in theory the EVO should do as well if not better..

-CC
Old 06-21-2010, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

MadSquabbles is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
The HTC Droid Eris from Verizon is made by the same company HTC and runs the same OS Android by google.

The hardware technical specs on the EVO are superior to the ERIS, so other than your friend running some other app or has tweaks to his cam app on his phone, in theory the EVO should do as well if not better..

-CC
it's sad but another guy at xda shows his hero - pretty much same specs as the eris - performs better than the evo as far as smoothness is concerned. sure it's smaller in resolution but it's also weaker hardware. even so it outperforms the evo in fps/lag tests.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:03 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
it's sad but another guy at xda shows his hero - pretty much same specs as the eris - performs better than the evo as far as smoothness is concerned. sure it's smaller in resolution but it's also weaker hardware. even so it outperforms the evo in fps/lag tests.
Yup. My gf's Hero is much quicker and smoother navigating through homescreens and menus than my Evo is. It's disappointing.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Yup. My gf's Hero is much quicker and smoother navigating through homescreens and menus than my Evo is. It's disappointing.
Question: Would you trade your EVO for a brand new hero? I will reserve my guess....lol..
Old 06-21-2010, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo

nobrakes is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
There's something seriously wrong with your Evo. I've played with a Hero and other smartphones and my Evo is more responsive and faster than any of them.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul -> TP -> EVO

TeamMike is a n00b

yea, thats the phone i meant.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

some of us noticed that the screen wasn't refreshing properly without numbers. benchmarks just confirmed it.

i noted it in a brief look at the device while i played with it at the sprint store. my two gripes at that time was the "fuzzy" look compared to the droid - lower ppi - and that the scrolling stuttered while i was looking over a web page.

if you don't notice it, then i'm glad you're just an average user that it doesn't bother. like i said in another forum i notice things in print that most people wouldn't even think twice about since i work in print. some of us are a bit more advanced - that's why we got a pda instead of a just a phone.

if i had to make a guess most the people that have no issue with the performance are either coming from a dumb phone or winmo. those are the people who'd probably be happy with a kin if it had a 4 in screen. you don't need a 1ghz processor to tweet how big a dump you took last night.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
some of us noticed that the screen wasn't refreshing properly without numbers. benchmarks just confirmed it.

i noted it in a brief look at the device while i played with it at the sprint store. my two gripes at that time was the "fuzzy" look compared to the droid - lower ppi - and that the scrolling stuttered while i was looking over a web page.

if you don't notice it, then i'm glad you're just an average user that it doesn't bother. like i said in another forum i notice things in print that most people wouldn't even think twice about since i work in print. some of us are a bit more advanced - that's why we got a pda instead of a just a phone.

if i had to make a guess most the people that have no issue with the performance are either coming from a dumb phone or winmo. those are the people who'd probably be happy with a kin if it had a 4 in screen. you don't need a 1ghz processor to tweet how big a dump you took last night.

I beg to differ in that there isn't a Droid phone on Sprint with better resolution than the EVO. I readily and quite easily see individual pixels on the moment and hero- not to mention the poor lighting on the hero. I even see pixels, shockingly enough, on the Incredible.To me the only phone where I don't easily see pixels and one which alot of folks don't give any credit to for superior resolution is the Moto Droid which to me have the most impressive pixel density of any Android phone. BTW, I see pixels immediately with the ERIS.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzgeneral View Post
I beg to differ in that there isn't a Droid phone on Sprint with better resolution than the EVO. I readily and quite easily see individual pixels on the moment and hero- not to mention the poor lighting on the hero. I even see pixels, shockingly enough, on the Incredible.To me the only phone where I don't easily see pixels and one which alot of folks don't give any credit to for superior resolution is the Moto Droid which to me have the most impressive pixel density of any Android phone. BTW, I see pixels immediately with the ERIS.
never mentioned about droid being on sprint - droid is a verizon trademark and i have a droid. thus i compared the droid to the evo at the sprint store.

i do agree with you that the droid has the best dang screen. everything looks so smooth because of the high ppi. i wonder how it'll look stretched to the droid x dimensions!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G