PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

themogul8 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Remove Message to Landline?

I have looked all over and can't seem to find an answer to this question. In my EVO when I pull up a contact with multiple numbers it gives me the option to send SMS to all of them even if they are landlines. They are marked as work, home, etc, but it still shows the option to message them on that line. Is there anyway to turn this off?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:18 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Remove Message to Landline?

I'm not sure but it would be helpful, in the future, if you would change your device in your profile. Many people look at that and will wonder why you are asking questions about the EVO when your device listed as a Touch Pro 2.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Your Moms

soaknfused is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I'm not sure but it would be helpful, in the future, if you would change your device in your profile. Many people look at that and will wonder why you are asking questions about the EVO when your device listed as a Touch Pro 2.

Are you for real? I know this isn't a big deal but it really annoys me when people pop into honest questions and post a reply that has nothing to do with the original question and add something that is completely irrelevant. Maybe the OP has a Touch Pro 2 as well, either way who cares what it says on his profile, he has a valid question that would indeed make it seem that he has an EVO. and OH MY GAWD!!! His name has the word Mogul in it... now that really confuzzles things :-p

To answer your question (I have looked around for an answer to this as well) and it seems that there is no way to differentiate between home, mobile, work etc for this setting which is unfortunate. It is however possible to send a SMS to a landline, try it some time if you are curious how it works.. I don't really know how practical it is but it can be done in most instances (at least here in the US)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by soaknfused View Post
Are you for real? I know this isn't a big deal but it really annoys me when people pop into honest questions and post a reply that has nothing to do with the original question and add something that is completely irrelevant. Maybe the OP has a Touch Pro 2 as well, either way who cares what it says on his profile, he has a valid question that would indeed make it seem that he has an EVO. and OH MY GAWD!!! His name has the word Mogul in it... now that really confuzzles things :-p

Thank you very much. I feel the same way. Some people just like to "hear" themselves speak.

As for the OP, thanks for the post, I was actually going to post the same question after I sent myself a text to landline yestery when I tried to text my wife and hit the home number by mistake. There has to be something somewhere where we can set the message option only to numbers designated as "Mobile". Either in the phone, a software mod, or maybe a setting in Google voice.

And by the way, I have a Mogul, TP2, Hero, 2 Evos, a cordless home phone and a Ham radio. Maybe I should add all of those to my profile
Old 06-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by themogul8 View Post
I have looked all over and can't seem to find an answer to this question. In my EVO when I pull up a contact with multiple numbers it gives me the option to send SMS to all of them even if they are landlines. They are marked as work, home, etc, but it still shows the option to message them on that line. Is there anyway to turn this off?
If I am not mistaken, I don't think there is an option to do what you are asking, this is just how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soaknfused View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoungeLizard View Post
Thank you very much. I feel the same way. Some people just like to "hear" themselves speak.

And by the way, I have a Mogul, TP2, Hero, 2 Evos, a cordless home phone and a Ham radio. Maybe I should add all of those to my profile
As for what rainfreak said, he does have a point whether you two agree with it or now. All he did was give a friendly suggestion, he wasn't being an ass about it or anything. Yes, the OP made it very clear he was talking about the evo but thats not always the case. If someone ask a general about backing up contacts in the evo section but in their profile they said they had a tp2 from tmobile, wouldn't you ask if they actually had an evo or if they were talking about a tp2?

Old 06-20-2010, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Your Moms

soaknfused is becoming a great contributor
Talking Re: Remove Message to Landline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
As for what rainfreak said, he does have a point whether you two agree with it or now. All he did was give a friendly suggestion, he wasn't being an ass about it or anything. Yes, the OP made it very clear he was talking about the evo but thats not always the case. If someone ask a general about backing up contacts in the evo section but in their profile they said they had a tp2 from tmobile, wouldn't you ask if they actually had an evo or if they were talking about a tp2?
I know he wasn't being an ass, I never said that.. It just boils down to something my mom taught me when I was like 3 years old... If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.. which I have added to over the years to also include constructive, relevant, useful, pertinent, rational, meaningful, sensible and finally usable to the list with "nice"

If someone asks me "Hey, can I use my EVO to make a grilled cheese sandwich?" I wouldn't care what their profile says, I'd just answer the question with a "why yes, you certainly can use your EVO to make a grilled cheese sandwich if you can find a way to get it hot enough"
Old 06-20-2010, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

themogul8 is a n00b

Thanks for the help everyone. I was afraid that it would be something that was unable to be changed. In the mean time, I have been just using existing threads to send text messages. Works for the people I text most often.

It is frustrating when you are waiting for a time sensitive reply to a text and then 2 hours later get an automated message saying your text to landline was successful. haha.

Hopefully someone will make a fix for this issue. I would be happy if it just gave a confirmation screen before sending to a landline, at least then I would catch it before I sent the message.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

The default app does not have an option for this but chomp sms does for sure, and I believe handcent does as well.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2010, 05:30 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

yes, Handcent does have the option as well.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G