PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone charges while unplugged??

Ok this is a new one. My phone shows as charging whenever I unplug it, be it from wall, usb, or car. Is there an application i can clear data from in order to reset the status? i dont have any third party battery apps installed.

Also on another note, i remember how people talked about how long it took to turn off and turn on their phone, almost like it was unresponsive. Well after turning mine off, this light stayed on for almost 30 seconds. Once it was off, pressing power turned it right back on.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Hex
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Hex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Hex Send a message via AIM to Hex Send a message via MSN to Hex Send a message via Yahoo to Hex
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo 4G : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I was part of that discussion.... I still event figured out what app it is causing the hang... I factory reset and the problem went away... over the next day I installed my apps with no problem and then I started happening...

The only system mods I have done were UnrEVOked root for WiFi tether... OC Widget... ScreenModeWidget... tts extended... led desire... and a wallpaper app.. and a bunch of games... so potentially any of them could have hooks on some ape the android is balking on... I notice Pandora is glitchy as well and the widget could be an issue as well
Old 06-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Hex
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Hex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Hex Send a message via AIM to Hex Send a message via MSN to Hex Send a message via Yahoo to Hex
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo 4G : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Have I mentioned how much I love and hate the corrective text on this thing.... I really need to proofread before I post... grrr
Old 06-19-2010, 12:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff
Re: Phone charges while unplugged??

Any ideas about the battery light?
Old 06-19-2010, 04:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Maybe I should update: I just reflashed to a new rom. I restored my contacts and apps. I didn't restore any system settings. When I plug in my phone to any charger, it shows as charging like normal. When I unplug it, it continues to show that its charging. The light stays on and the battery indicator continues to move up and up and up like its charging. I'm working on uninstalling things to see if it quits, but what part of the device controls this? I want to go into Manage Applications and hit clear data on whatever controls it so maybe it'll reset. I appreciate any help.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Found out the only way to fix it besides turning the phone off and turning it back on is to use a task killer to kill "Google Search" and then immediately unplug it. If I do that, the charge status returns to its normal state. But I can't for the life of me figure out why?

Edit: That's not working either. Going to try wiping the phone completely and seeing if it still does it.

Last edited by blockhead428; 06-19-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well after a complete wipe of the entire phone and a reboot into the DamageControl rom, the problem still remains. I had the same problem on OMJ's rom. I don't know what's going on but it's making me want to return it.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I still haven't figured this one out. Any help?
Old 06-21-2010, 01:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Are you into the occult or anything weird like that?
Old 06-21-2010, 02:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Are you into the occult or anything weird like that?
Actually I'm looking for a serious response.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G