PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 11:41 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Life After Official Froyo OTA Update on 8/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
Anyone that has the battery drain issue should look at this,it solved my battery drain issue with my"Leaked" 2.2 ROM

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/...fix-htc-9.html

look at thread # 427.
Yea thats what I used to fix my leaked rom.. but it doesnt seem to work on this new ota. There has to be something that im running thats keeping the phone awake.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

eagle2222222222 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My battery life has increase by 10-15 percent since the update yesterday. I even have the auto sync and background data running just to see the difference and still have a significant increase in battery life. I am truly impressed with the change.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work

I have having bettery issues as well. My phone seems to be dipping from 100% to the 80% in mere minutes. Its gotta be an app running the background that is doing this, I just cant figure out which one.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

I had the stock latest version software, and LED Light, did the 2.2 8-3-10 upgrade and it works fine for me.

EDIT: While LED Light functionally works, it runs constantly in the background, causing the Up Time and Awake Time to be the same.

Unininstalled it, and the problem of dual Up and Awake time went away.

The new onboard Flashlight works just as good if not better than LED light, with the exception of having to press once for the App Icon, then again to turn on the LED, but now you have three different brightness levels with the new program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman5000 View Post
Do you have LED Light installed? It is not compatible with froyo and will run continuously.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!

Last edited by toddpedersen; 08-03-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

System panel is a great app to help figure out what background app is constantly running.

New flashlight, well not new but a great version is Led Desire light. One of the best flash lights on the market if you ask me and its free.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Re: Battery Life is a beast on Netarchy rooted froyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalip View Post
I think the % is misleading, especially after it is fully charged. Sometimes when I unplug, it instantly dropped to low 90s, and sometimes it stayed on 100.

I wouldn't claim it has a better battery unless you go through a normal usage with it.
I was thinking that too but I now have had sum normal usage and been unplugged since 6:55 and I still have 90 something left, after a few texts, a 20 min fone call, web browsing, I normally never would of had that! I'm not sure how to post the screen cap so I hope you can see it!
CAP201008031258.jpg
Old 08-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sweet
Old 08-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

I looked at that LED Desire program, and it just had way too much stuff for me. I simply need an app or widget on my homescreen, that I tap to turn on and tap to turn off the light.

I found that in the LED Light App.

I have no need to send morse code etc., that the LED Desire app offers, so if your looking for basic LED, then LED Light is your app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
System panel is a great app to help figure out what background app is constantly running.

New flashlight, well not new but a great version is Led Desire light. One of the best flash lights on the market if you ask me and its free.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work
Yea and heat issues to worst then it was

Htc Evil Phone

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 08-03-2010, 01:37 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
I was thinking that too but I now have had sum normal usage and been unplugged since 6:55 and I still have 90 something left, after a few texts, a 20 min fone call, web browsing, I normally never would of had that! I'm not sure how to post the screen cap so I hope you can see it!
Attachment 75300
Clear your battery stats in recovery and try again

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G