PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I leave everything on on my phone most of the time. The reason I got the phone was for all the great features. It defeats the purpose turning it off. I leave wifi on most of the time and bluetooth when I need it.
But I recently rooted my evo and I have installed an overclock widget and juice defender. My overclock widget lowers the clock to the lowest when the screen is off and I just let juice defender do its thing. Before all that my phone would be at 20% or lower by 2pm. Now it goes till 5pm and I still have over 40% battery life left. It really makes a difference. I'm loving my evo all over again.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Stevecooper

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: All HTC Evo Battery Perfomance Talk

I know I should have read the entire thread before posting but its just too long...

I have a stock EVO 4G (2.2 froyo) that I charged to 95% at 5PM its now 10:03 and its at 70%. I have made a few calls, 10 texts, and some light web use. This doesn't seem much if any worse than an iPhone.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Stevecooper

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I should admit that I have advanced task killer nuke apps that I don't care about running all the time once the screen is off. I leave qik, voicemail, fring, voice search,messages, music, and a few others open all the time.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
I seem to get more battery life by going into the Mobile Network Settings and disabling "always-on mobile data". Now my 3g is actually turning off when its nots needed. This is the way my TP2 worked dont know why it would be set always on by default.
After running like this for a week I can say I am seeing a signifigant improvement in battery life. And yes everything updates just fine including push ect. There is no reason to leave your data on 24/7, it will connect automatically if something needs to update. Give it a try.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecooper View Post
I know I should have read the entire thread before posting but its just too long...

I have a stock EVO 4G (2.2 froyo) that I charged to 95% at 5PM its now 10:03 and its at 70%. I have made a few calls, 10 texts, and some light web use. This doesn't seem much if any worse than an iPhone.
Read the first post if you didn't already It's very useful information. Basically it all depends on what you use on your phone and how often you use it. Hope you find time to read the thread.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 09-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

jamalwall is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Just got my EVO this past Saturday and the battery life is pretty good. Defiantly a step up from the Touch Pros battery. Running the widgets has helped.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Rican is a n00b

I just got mine 2 days ago and I have to admit that the battery is much better than on my TP2. I probably spent more time on the EVO on those 2 days that I would generally on my TP2 and it was great. Love it on the battery department.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

foakgul is a n00b

Seidio slim extended battery 1750mah, with oc widget running...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAP201010221216.jpg (122.0 KB, 75 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CAP201010221217.jpg (82.8 KB, 67 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant galaxy s
Carrier: T-Mobile

argentinito is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foakgul
Seidio slim extended battery 1750mah, with oc widget running...
Where did u get that extended battery?
Old 10-26-2010, 06:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

Get rid of your task killer and turn off Google TALK from auto signing in and then log off when you exit.

You should also uninsalled LED Light if you have it installed. The stock Froyo 2.2 has a LED Flashlight progam built in and I know that when I upgraded to 2.2 from 2.1, LED Light was not yet optimized for 2.2 and it always stayed on in the backgroud, killing my battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecooper View Post
I should admit that I have advanced task killer nuke apps that I don't care about running all the time once the screen is off. I leave qik, voicemail, fring, voice search,messages, music, and a few others open all the time.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G