PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 07:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO<Pre<TP<Treo800w<Back2Vogue<Diamond<Vogue<Treo
Carrier: Sprint

BrandiBran is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to BrandiBran Send a message via Skype™ to BrandiBran
Re: All HTC Evo Battery Perfomance Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
After running like this for a week I can say I am seeing a signifigant improvement in battery life. And yes everything updates just fine including push ect. There is no reason to leave your data on 24/7, it will connect automatically if something needs to update. Give it a try.
This is the second place I've read this, but I just don't have the "always on mobile data" option in that menu. Is it because I'm on froyo or what?
Old 10-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandiBran View Post
This is the second place I've read this, but I just don't have the "always on mobile data" option in that menu. Is it because I'm on froyo or what?
Try:
menu>wireless & networks> mobile networks>enable always-on mobile data
Old 10-29-2010, 03:06 PM
inyou08

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

One thing that I found that greatly increases the length of time my HTC Evo holds a charge is turning off the mobile network when i'm not using it (Settings<wireless & networks<uncheck mobile network). I don't use my phone really at work, and I don't have any emails that are that important that I need to have them synced even once a day, so I turn off the mobile network all together while i'm at work, and when I have break, lunch, or after work, i just turn it back on to check my emails, facebook, etc. Also, when you are at home, on campus, or anywhere where free wi fi access is available, you should use that instead of the mobile network, because, believe it or not, wi fi uses much less energy and helps your battery hold it's charge much longer than the mobile network (read this on some forum about the samsung intercept, which I had prior to the evo, and it still holds true). Along with unchecking the background data box (unless when you want to browse and purchase apps from the market), turning off gps, 4g, and location services unless you're actually using them, these are the best tricks that i've learned from trial and error to conserve battery life.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

I totally agree. That is why I have this Marketplace FREE app called Juice Defender. You can add on an additional package that supports Wi-Fi, but the base package is free and lets you customize time of day etc, for automatic turning off an on of the data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyou08 View Post
One thing that I found that greatly increases the length of time my HTC Evo holds a charge is turning off the mobile network when i'm not using it (Settings<wireless & networks<uncheck mobile network). I don't use my phone really at work, and I don't have any emails that are that important that I need to have them synced even once a day, so I turn off the mobile network all together while i'm at work, and when I have break, lunch, or after work, i just turn it back on to check my emails, facebook, etc. Also, when you are at home, on campus, or anywhere where free wi fi access is available, you should use that instead of the mobile network, because, believe it or not, wi fi uses much less energy and helps your battery hold it's charge much longer than the mobile network (read this on some forum about the samsung intercept, which I had prior to the evo, and it still holds true). Along with unchecking the background data box (unless when you want to browse and purchase apps from the market), turning off gps, 4g, and location services unless you're actually using them, these are the best tricks that i've learned from trial and error to conserve battery life.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

jeffy2walgreens is a n00b

Does anyone have any experience using the Evo without any radios on? I am going to Spain in a month and would like to use the Evo for taking pics, playing games, and music. I was just curious to see if anyone has done something similar to gauge how long I can go on a single charge.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE / Stock ICS 4.0.3
Carrier: The Now Network

fceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good work

Thanks for these tips guys, I hope these help me with my EVO battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
"Hey did anyone hear about release of the Windows Mobile 6.5 update
for the Touch Pro 2 coming out tomorrow??!!
I just read at the top of this thread and wanted to share it with everyone"
Old 12-09-2010, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

12gage is a n00b
Re: battery life save - anyone do this? downsides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emfreakz View Post
Have you guys done the below? any downsides? does it really help with battery life?

suggestion:
press HOME, and bring up the dialer. Dial *#*#4636#*#* (Do not press "Call"). After a second, it should bring up the "Testing" menu.

Go into Phone Information, press MENU, and tap "select radio band." You should experience a Force Close, don't panic, this was supposed to happen. Scrolling down shows that the preferred network type is GSM auto (prl).

What this means is that even though you are connected to a CDMA network, your phone is trying to find a GSM network, preventing the radio from sleeping, and causing excessive battery drain.

Remedy this by tapping GSM auto (prl), and changing it to CDMA auto (prl).

Now your done, your TWS should drop dramatically, and you should experience much better battery life!"
I keep trying this but nothing comes up, the numbers disappear like the test menu is going to come up but then it never does, any suggestions?
Old 12-09-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (FRESH!)

tripflex is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to tripflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
I totally agree. That is why I have this Marketplace FREE app called Juice Defender. You can add on an additional package that supports Wi-Fi, but the base package is free and lets you customize time of day etc, for automatic turning off an on of the data.

GUYS STOP WASTING YOUR TIME!

I've tried every single one of these "battery tricks" even down to using SetCPU and still didn't see any noticeable difference.

Stop wasting your time trying all these different hacks, this and that and download Juice Defender.

I can positively say that this app has worked like a CHARM for me. Normally when i leave to go home from work my battery is at about 20%, which Juice running i have almost 50-60%!

And sometimes i forget to turn it on and get mad because my phone dies when listening to pandora on the way home...

I have installed this app on 4 different Evo's and everyone who has used it has had a complete battery "face lift" so to speak. Including myself, i would recommend this application to anybody, it works perfectly.

The only two downsides to the app is if you're running Pandora when screen turns off you will have to turn screen on to go to next song (it disables data), and when you turn your phone on from sleep it is sometimes laggy and takes a few seconds to go back to normal operation (the app lowers cpu speed).

In the end it's worth it, i'll wait the extra 2-3 seconds for my screen to turn on instead of having a dead battery at 3PM.

GO DOWNLOAD JUICE DEFENDER AND FORGET ABOUT BATTERY PROBLEMS!
Shared Hosting 20% Off Forever (Promo Code:PPCG20)
Old 12-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

Can someone explain what setting they are using on this prgoram so ALL your PROGRAMS, MAIL ETC UPDATE on a SCHEDULE and streaming audio doesnt cut out when you turn off the screen....
Old 12-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Downloading Juice Defender now... LOL

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G