PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 02:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

f1n3st is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
problems after rooting

Ok I recently rooted my 4g and now I've come to some problems.

At first I rooted and flashed fresh evo 0.1d Rom I played around with it and I noticed the lock slider was very unresponsive it wouldn't consistently lock like the stock would. so I go and reset the calibration and its back to normal for about 5 minutes.

So I started Googleing the problem. When i open the text another problem occurs . The touch keypad doesn't register all the letters correctly. I can't hit 4 out of the 39 buttons. Now I go and do the manual calibration and the same thing happens but with 4 different letters. It's like it randomizes everytime I calibrate. The only thing I can do is rely on the autocorrectin and switch from landscape and portrait view to hit the keys.

So after this i figure maybe ill try a different keypad like swipe. I already have the Apk for it so I just try to install it. When I get to the screen that says install I can't hit the install button. So I go to setting. Application. And see that unknown applications isn't checked and i try to check it but when i hit the check box it goes to that alert screen and you have to hit okay or cancel, i try to hit ok but it doesnt do anything neither does cancel..

So basically my keyboard is messed up and I can't install Apk files... I tried flashing to the sprint rooted stock rom but the problems are still here. Is there a way to unroot?

Has anybody experience this after rooting?

This took forever to type up because of the problems!!

Last edited by f1n3st; 06-13-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva
Re: problems after rooting

I personally havent had any issues like that. I did the manual root and im running OMJ's latest rom..no complaints but Hope this helps you http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=6783326

Last edited by ddark4eva; 06-13-2010 at 02:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i'm usin fresh rom 0.2 no problems
Old 06-13-2010, 09:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Unroot by flashing Sprint original stock ROM not the rooted one. I have had no issues like what you have described. Did you clear the catches and all that? I have found most problems are caused by people skipping steps.

Droidrox39
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:47 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

That might not be from rooting. I had that same issue going on --hard to unlock, typing is crazy, just major screen issues. I wasn't rooted. I read somewhere to take the battery out and then hold the power button down (with the batter still out) to discharge the capacitor(?). That would clear the issue for a few hours. Then it would come back.

I took the phone to a repair center and the girl told me that it was probably because I had too many fingerprints on the screen. I was sure that was it because I am pretty stoopit.

Anyway, I went home and did a factory reset. Now I only have screen-responsiveness issues when I try to use the phone when it is plugged into the wall.

I finally grew a set and rooted. My screen is still the same --- only have problems if I use it while charging. I just have to remember to unplug it before I use it. If I try to use swype while it is charging it looks like I have parkinsons on the swype track. LOL

Anyway, try a factory reset with the ROM you have in now and see if that helps. Or clean the screen! LOL

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 06-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would be willing to bet that if you boot into recovery and wipe the cache, glavic cache and do a factory reset your issues will be resolved. May as well flash 0.2d while your there or try another rom.

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 06-13-2010, 03:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

f1n3st is a n00b

well first off, i did everything step by step double checking it before i did it, i'm a very careful person when it comes to these things and i DO NOT skip at all. but yea i formatted cleared and reformatted the phone and tried out different roms all night, just to see if the problem was with just certain roms, it wasnt. i had the same problems with every rom that came out so far. I reset the device to factory settings probably a total of 10 times. after this i decided to un-root since it was my only option, so i unrooted and one thing was fixed which was the on-screen keyboard problem. all the keys were working fine but everything else was the same, so i went to my local sprint store and they couldn't figure out what was wrong either. they ended up giving me a new evo 4g so i happy about that..

the whole reason why i rooted in the first place was to see if tethering would be faster on wifi-tethering opposed to pdanet, i still don't know the answer to this yet and i don't know if i want to try rooting again.. scared it might happen again so yea.... does anybody know if there is any speed difference between the two apps?

oh and i wanted to say thank you to everyone that replied! you guys helped a bunch!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G