PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   problems after rooting (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124975)

f1n3st 06-13-2010 02:33 AM

problems after rooting

Ok I recently rooted my 4g and now I've come to some problems.

At first I rooted and flashed fresh evo 0.1d Rom I played around with it and I noticed the lock slider was very unresponsive it wouldn't consistently lock like the stock would. so I go and reset the calibration and its back to normal for about 5 minutes.

So I started Googleing the problem. When i open the text another problem occurs . The touch keypad doesn't register all the letters correctly. I can't hit 4 out of the 39 buttons. Now I go and do the manual calibration and the same thing happens but with 4 different letters. It's like it randomizes everytime I calibrate. The only thing I can do is rely on the autocorrectin and switch from landscape and portrait view to hit the keys.

So after this i figure maybe ill try a different keypad like swipe. I already have the Apk for it so I just try to install it. When I get to the screen that says install I can't hit the install button. So I go to setting. Application. And see that unknown applications isn't checked and i try to check it but when i hit the check box it goes to that alert screen and you have to hit okay or cancel, i try to hit ok but it doesnt do anything neither does cancel..

So basically my keyboard is messed up and I can't install Apk files... I tried flashing to the sprint rooted stock rom but the problems are still here. Is there a way to unroot?

Has anybody experience this after rooting?

This took forever to type up because of the problems!!

ddark4eva 06-13-2010 02:45 AM

Re: problems after rooting

I personally havent had any issues like that. I did the manual root and im running OMJ's latest rom..no complaints but Hope this helps you http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=6783326

tj.iscool 06-13-2010 09:37 AM

i'm usin fresh rom 0.2 no problems

zone23 06-13-2010 09:41 AM

Unroot by flashing Sprint original stock ROM not the rooted one. I have had no issues like what you have described. Did you clear the catches and all that? I have found most problems are caused by people skipping steps.

meatgel 06-13-2010 11:47 AM

That might not be from rooting. I had that same issue going on --hard to unlock, typing is crazy, just major screen issues. I wasn't rooted. I read somewhere to take the battery out and then hold the power button down (with the batter still out) to discharge the capacitor(?). That would clear the issue for a few hours. Then it would come back.

I took the phone to a repair center and the girl told me that it was probably because I had too many fingerprints on the screen. :( I was sure that was it because I am pretty stoopit.

Anyway, I went home and did a factory reset. Now I only have screen-responsiveness issues when I try to use the phone when it is plugged into the wall.

I finally grew a set and rooted. My screen is still the same --- only have problems if I use it while charging. I just have to remember to unplug it before I use it. If I try to use swype while it is charging it looks like I have parkinsons on the swype track. LOL

Anyway, try a factory reset with the ROM you have in now and see if that helps. Or clean the screen! LOL

Konfuzion 06-13-2010 12:12 PM

I would be willing to bet that if you boot into recovery and wipe the cache, glavic cache and do a factory reset your issues will be resolved. May as well flash 0.2d while your there or try another rom.

f1n3st 06-13-2010 03:56 PM

well first off, i did everything step by step double checking it before i did it, i'm a very careful person when it comes to these things and i DO NOT skip at all. but yea i formatted cleared and reformatted the phone and tried out different roms all night, just to see if the problem was with just certain roms, it wasnt. i had the same problems with every rom that came out so far. I reset the device to factory settings probably a total of 10 times. after this i decided to un-root since it was my only option, so i unrooted and one thing was fixed which was the on-screen keyboard problem. all the keys were working fine but everything else was the same, so i went to my local sprint store and they couldn't figure out what was wrong either. they ended up giving me a new evo 4g so i happy about that..

the whole reason why i rooted in the first place was to see if tethering would be faster on wifi-tethering opposed to pdanet, i still don't know the answer to this yet and i don't know if i want to try rooting again.. scared it might happen again so yea.... does anybody know if there is any speed difference between the two apps?

oh and i wanted to say thank you to everyone that replied! you guys helped a bunch!