PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21
Text message timestamp

Anyone else having issues with their text messages coming at times 5 and 6 hours away when they are roaming? I work in the basement of a building so my phone roams in and out of service down here and every time I get a text message in the morning it's time will say 2:45 or 3:45 or later. I had the same issue with me Hero but after I updated it to 2.1 it stopped so I just assumed it would not do the same thing on the EVO but it is and it's very annoying.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard
Re: Text message timestamp

Nothing yet.

http://www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124026
Old 06-09-2010, 02:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

Im getting the issues too but im not even roaming when it happens. I found out that its something within HTC not sprint. I guess verizon and att are having the same issues with htc devices. I was thinking of trying a hero or eris fix to see if it works but im too scared i dont want to hurt my baby lol. I was told that HTC might have a fix within the next week or 2 though.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

MikeOD is becoming a great contributor
I HAVE to fix the SMS timestamp

So...I have figured it out...when I am roaming, which is 99% of the time I'm at work (ie most of the day), the SMS time stamp is all sorts of messed up.

On the Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2 with Windows Mobile, when we first had the 2016 SMS bug, the first solution, was a registry hack that set the phone to reference it's own clock when receiving an SMS rather than the network...I need to figure out a way to do that in Android. Right now the timestamps are all sorts of screwed up, and messages go in before and after each other all over the place, and my replies wind up all over the place too.

Does anyone have any idea how I might be able to accomplish this? This is my first Android phone, so I know very little about working with it.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

This happened on my tp2 too. I don't think there is any thing to fix this though.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

VisPreludeVtec is a n00b
Re: I HAVE to fix the SMS timestamp

that is the sprint network, it didn't do it on NRG custom roms though
Old 06-09-2010, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

MikeOD is becoming a great contributor

No, my point is it's NOT the network, it only happens when I'm roaming. On windows mobile the solution was to change the registry to just time stamp the SMS on the phone itself whenever it recieved it (so the only downside there was if the phone was turned off, it would look like everything came at once when it was turned back on rather than carrying valid time stamps)...this is a disaster, it's making me want to tell sprint to take the phone back.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Is search around there might be a fix for the hero or something to make it use the phones timestamp instead of the network timestamp. This happened to me whenever I was roaming with my tp2. I just got used to it not working.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post

This happened on my tp2 too. I don't think there is any thing to fix this though.

Yes, there was a regedit to make it use the phone time instead of network time.

Go to HKLM\Software\OEM\SMS

Add the following DWORD value (or change it):

Name: RecvTimeStamp
DWORD Data: 1
Base: Dec
Old 06-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
No, my point is it's NOT the network, it only happens when I'm roaming. On windows mobile the solution was to change the registry to just time stamp the SMS on the phone itself whenever it recieved it (so the only downside there was if the phone was turned off, it would look like everything came at once when it was turned back on rather than carrying valid time stamps)...this is a disaster, it's making me want to tell sprint to take the phone back.
Roaming means your on a different carriers network...so your timestamp is going to be off and txt messages and such may be delayed getting to you. Thank god Sprint has free roaming on most plans, but this is something that doesn't justify taking your phone back and returning it....its the fact you work in a cement basement and get no digital coverage....

Do your phone work outside just fine? In normal day to day use while your not at work?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G