PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Text message timestamp (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124232)

antjones21 06-08-2010 11:25 AM

Text message timestamp

Anyone else having issues with their text messages coming at times 5 and 6 hours away when they are roaming? I work in the basement of a building so my phone roams in and out of service down here and every time I get a text message in the morning it's time will say 2:45 or 3:45 or later. I had the same issue with me Hero but after I updated it to 2.1 it stopped so I just assumed it would not do the same thing on the EVO but it is and it's very annoying.

LoungeLizard 06-08-2010 11:29 AM

Re: Text message timestamp

Nothing yet.

http://www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124026

pinkbunniz 06-09-2010 02:46 AM

Im getting the issues too but im not even roaming when it happens. I found out that its something within HTC not sprint. I guess verizon and att are having the same issues with htc devices. I was thinking of trying a hero or eris fix to see if it works but im too scared i dont want to hurt my baby lol. I was told that HTC might have a fix within the next week or 2 though.

MikeOD 06-09-2010 09:28 AM

I HAVE to fix the SMS timestamp

So...I have figured it out...when I am roaming, which is 99% of the time I'm at work (ie most of the day), the SMS time stamp is all sorts of messed up.

On the Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2 with Windows Mobile, when we first had the 2016 SMS bug, the first solution, was a registry hack that set the phone to reference it's own clock when receiving an SMS rather than the network...I need to figure out a way to do that in Android. Right now the timestamps are all sorts of screwed up, and messages go in before and after each other all over the place, and my replies wind up all over the place too.

Does anyone have any idea how I might be able to accomplish this? This is my first Android phone, so I know very little about working with it.

fr0st 06-09-2010 11:32 AM

Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

This happened on my tp2 too. I don't think there is any thing to fix this though.

VisPreludeVtec 06-09-2010 11:52 AM

Re: I HAVE to fix the SMS timestamp

that is the sprint network, it didn't do it on NRG custom roms though

MikeOD 06-09-2010 12:36 PM

No, my point is it's NOT the network, it only happens when I'm roaming. On windows mobile the solution was to change the registry to just time stamp the SMS on the phone itself whenever it recieved it (so the only downside there was if the phone was turned off, it would look like everything came at once when it was turned back on rather than carrying valid time stamps)...this is a disaster, it's making me want to tell sprint to take the phone back.

fr0st 06-09-2010 01:35 PM

Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Is search around there might be a fix for the hero or something to make it use the phones timestamp instead of the network timestamp. This happened to me whenever I was roaming with my tp2. I just got used to it not working.

LoungeLizard 06-09-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr0st (Post 1803777)

This happened on my tp2 too. I don't think there is any thing to fix this though.

Yes, there was a regedit to make it use the phone time instead of network time.

Go to HKLM\Software\OEM\SMS

Add the following DWORD value (or change it):

Name: RecvTimeStamp
DWORD Data: 1
Base: Dec

ChrisH09 06-09-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeOD (Post 1803899)
No, my point is it's NOT the network, it only happens when I'm roaming. On windows mobile the solution was to change the registry to just time stamp the SMS on the phone itself whenever it recieved it (so the only downside there was if the phone was turned off, it would look like everything came at once when it was turned back on rather than carrying valid time stamps)...this is a disaster, it's making me want to tell sprint to take the phone back.

Roaming means your on a different carriers network...so your timestamp is going to be off and txt messages and such may be delayed getting to you. Thank god Sprint has free roaming on most plans, but this is something that doesn't justify taking your phone back and returning it....its the fact you work in a cement basement and get no digital coverage....

Do your phone work outside just fine? In normal day to day use while your not at work?