PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo for Business Use

seriously tasks is a downfall?! all the tasks apps ive tried on android are much better than anything i ever tried on winmo and i tried just about all of them as im a tasks junkie. i prefer 'got to do' as it allows for subtasks which is very handy. it integrates with the pure calendar widget as well, very handy to have your tasks and appointments displayed in one widget. astrid is another solid one plus its free, both are much better than anything you will find on winmo as far as tasks go.

for notes i suggest evernote, only been using it for a few days but as far as i can tell it does pretty much everything onenote does on winmo (outside of handwritten notes of course).

imo android is fine for business use. there are a lot of good productivity tools in the market (many of which are free) for business users and it can only get better

Last edited by redd214; 06-10-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
for notes i suggest evernote, only been using it for a few days but as far as i can tell it does pretty much everything onenote does on winmo (outside of handwritten notes of course).
Thanks, my big issue is how to transfer the hundreds of Notes I have in WM
Old 06-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Back

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
quick google search got me this link and there quite a few more results i just picked the first one, didnt read it but hopefully itll help ya my friend

import-your-onenote-2007-files-in-to-evernote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wetbar is a n00b

ok one question. Im playing with got to do now - but how can you sync that with pc?
Old 06-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Back

doesnt sync the same way a winmo phone would persay. it syncs with THIS WEBSITE. for you outlook users if you look thru the forums theres ways to get you outlook tasks on there too.

EDIT: HERE some info on outlook syncing, make sure you read all the directions and backup before trying, i dont use outlook so i cant comment on how well it works

Last edited by redd214; 06-10-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
quick google search got me this link and there quite a few more results i just picked the first one, didnt read it but hopefully itll help ya my friend

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try and report back. First, I have to get the TP2 to sync them over to the PC properly, since it looks like this needs to be done on a PC. I've been having an issue with the Notes from the TP2 transferring over to the PC, so I have a few hurdles to go.......
Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Back

no problem, good luck!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wetbar is a n00b

in order for the toodledo to work you have to be on the website. I was looking for something that gave reminders and told me when a task was due. no matter what I was doing on the phone. Any clues?

Thanks again
Old 06-11-2010, 09:39 AM
iondokk

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I would agree coming from many years of wm there is nothing i can't do with this phone. i have learned to use the calendar to do all my tasks. don't wait do it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D\/8 View Post
I have to say, coming from WinMo and being a business user for years, the Android has not let me down in any way.

I too was concerned seeing people mention the concern of not being able to sync with an Exchange Server. The EVO has satisfied every requirment that I had.

In all honesty, I regret not making the transition sooner and will not (repeat: will not) be going back to WinMo. I picked up my TP2 this morning to look at something on the storage card and thought to myself, "Wow, I couldn't go back to it! I've been spoiled now with the EVO and Android!!!".

Make the leap... The only regret you will have is not doing it sooner!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 05:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Quote:

It sort of works, but with issues. First, it didn't import the handwritten Notes, so I will contact the developer about that. About 80 of 233 of my Notes have at least some handwriting in them.

Another issue is that the Notes then become Web-based. There is no way to actually get them on my phone with EverNote. I have to wait for them to load (slow), and if I am in the boonies, or in the "bowels" of a large building, I'm SOL

But, perhaps I'm getting closer. Thanks again...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G