PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo for Business Use

I myself am a business user and think this is a great business phone. It is so much snapper than the TP2. Most apps are free other are like .99 to several dollars.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

wizden is a n00b

You can use the Touchdown app to sync tasks.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have to say, coming from WinMo and being a business user for years, the Android has not let me down in any way.

I too was concerned seeing people mention the concern of not being able to sync with an Exchange Server. The EVO has satisfied every requirment that I had.

In all honesty, I regret not making the transition sooner and will not (repeat: will not) be going back to WinMo. I picked up my TP2 this morning to look at something on the storage card and thought to myself, "Wow, I couldn't go back to it! I've been spoiled now with the EVO and Android!!!".

Make the leap... The only regret you will have is not doing it sooner!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work

I use the evo for business use as well, now for the most part I have been happy with, and have even more apps i use for business.
Was never able to find an app for Credit Card processing (android has a few for auth.net) Editing office docs, there are several choices for at most I think was $5.00

What I miss, Keyboard, voicecommand (for bluetooth notifications of emails)

The best part its not constantly locking up (although that never bothered me to much as I was so used to it)
I am sure there is more that I cant think of.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

puhiniho is a n00b

I'm also a business users and access my email, contacts, and calendar constantly. And I also came from a TP2 and I think the Evo is great for the most part. I can do pretty much everything.

But about "the most part," my biggest issue and maybe someone can help me out is that I can't see my Calendar appointment "body" info or attachments. With my TP2, I could see everything and click on attachments. When I look on the Evo, I just see the appointment title, time, attendees, and reminder time...but I can't see the appointment info. Most of my appointments have additional information, like what the meeting is about or other imperative info. Does anyone have a work around for this...it's a little fustrating!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore

Here are two issues and I am a business user. In WinMo you can set your contacts to display with business name, last, then first. I can't find a way to display business names in the contacts.

Also miss the auto speaker phone from the TP2
Old 06-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

taylor7667 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidersgalore View Post
Here are two issues and I am a business user. In WinMo you can set your contacts to display with business name, last, then first. I can't find a way to display business names in the contacts.
This bothers me as well. I'm using Google calendar and it syncs great (as opposed to my WinMo which would not sync my calendar at all).

I think the problem is with Google and not with the EVO. Google does not give the option of LAST NAME FIRST. I don't know enough about exchange/outlook since I've never used it. If someone does, and doesn't have this problem, please let us know.

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

documents to go lite doesn't allow for editing but if you pay for the full version you can edit or create word, excel, and powerpoint. also it allows for view of pdfs but htc already incorporated something for that.
Google is the next skynet
Old 06-10-2010, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

parousia15 is keeping up the good workparousia15 is keeping up the good work

I originally got my TP2 because I'm a heavy user and need constant access to a lot of information. I work in work in a hospital, so I constantly need to reference drugs, neurology, endocrinology info. The apps I use from skyscape were just too slow and difficult to navigate on WM. Now, the android versions are far superior to the wm versions (in terms of content), and are blazing fast. Plus I don't have to worry about my phone freezing when multitasking. I viewed a lot of documents, so I don't need to edit anything. In landscape mode on the EVO the keyboard is very large and a decent replacement for the TP2 keyboard.

The only thing I miss has nothing to do with WM. The TP2 had that awesome speaker phone with excellent sound quality. The EVO has a tiny rear speak with standard quality. Otherwise, it has fit my professional needs.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I think tasks is the only down fall business wise but there are ways around that

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Notes is another downfall, in that there is no good way to transfer Notes, especially handwritten ones

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G