PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

NCHEVYHEVN is keeping up the good workNCHEVYHEVN is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Poor YouTube Quality

Why does the EVO have such poor youtube playback quality? I was thinking that with HQ off it would compare to my Touch Pro 2 but that if far from the truth. I just did a comparison and the picture on the EVO is extremal fuzzy.

When HQ is on the picture quality is comparable but I would still give the win to the Touch Pro 2. I was assuming that HQ on would give me a better picture than standard. You can't even watch videos with HQ off.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Poor YouTube Quality

I honestly don't know what your reffering to, even with HQ off the video is better than on my tp2 (I just compared them side by side) maybe you just had a bad auto stream on the evo.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

XmemphistoX is just getting started

For the incredible we had to connect to wifi for it. The video quality was crap over 3g. Didn't see an option to change it.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i agree, touch pro2 youtube player has better quality most of the time... must have to do with connection... although on the tp2 it didnt matter it still looked good
Old 06-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

dont know what you crazies are talking about, youtube on here destroys my tp2. Its kind of sad actually
Old 06-06-2010, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

NCHEVYHEVN is keeping up the good workNCHEVYHEVN is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
dont know what you crazies are talking about, youtube on here destroys my tp2. Its kind of sad actually
Is that with HQ on or off?
Old 06-06-2010, 11:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

btw htc youtube app has an hq setting too (hq, fast download or auto depending on connection).
Old 06-06-2010, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHEVYHEVN View Post
Why does the EVO have such poor youtube playback quality? I was thinking that with HQ off it would compare to my Touch Pro 2 but that if far from the truth. I just did a comparison and the picture on the EVO is extremal fuzzy.

When HQ is on the picture quality is comparable but I would still give the win to the Touch Pro 2. I was assuming that HQ on would give me a better picture than standard. You can't even watch videos with HQ off.

I spent about 3 hrs or more (lol) over two different days playing with the EVOs in a Corp Sprint store. I had a 4G connection and was shocked to see that the Youtube did indeed suck terrribly in Hq mode. The Youtube on my TP2 is literrally 10 times as sharp all of the time - very impressive. I was kind of hoping that it was isolated to the store and maybe a settings issue but now after seeing this tread I am starting to get worried. You tube and the other video player on The EVO sucked mightily to the point where I would never use them if they end up being my only options to view video. I have also spent a considerable amount of time in the Verizon store playing with the Incredible and the same inferior quality exists. I almost, and hope I am wrong, want to believe that this is an Android issue. I get my EVO tomorrow or maybe Tuesday, the latest. BTW, am I the only one who thinks that the screen on the EVO is superior to that of the Incredible? The colors on the Incredible looks unnatural, almost like an overkill, and for some reason the resolution just don't seem quite as sharp.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHEVYHEVN View Post
Is that with HQ on or off?
I always use HQ, I like my screen to be filled as much as possible

Its possible what you all are seeing is the difference in pixel density, both phones have the same resolution but of course the Evo's screen is bigger.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post

You must have a very bad signal or wrong settings on your TP2 because I kid you not that it would take an HD picture to best the Youtube quality on my Pro 2. I was just showing a neighbor a video a few days ago and he was blown away that a phone could display video that sharp. I remember thinking that I couldn't wait to see what HQ on the EVO looked like since I didn't think it was possible for video to be any sharper.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G