linzgeneral
PPCGeeks Regular

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Poor YouTube Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHEVYHEVN View Post
Why does the EVO have such poor youtube playback quality? I was thinking that with HQ off it would compare to my Touch Pro 2 but that if far from the truth. I just did a comparison and the picture on the EVO is extremal fuzzy.

When HQ is on the picture quality is comparable but I would still give the win to the Touch Pro 2. I was assuming that HQ on would give me a better picture than standard. You can't even watch videos with HQ off.

I spent about 3 hrs or more (lol) over two different days playing with the EVOs in a Corp Sprint store. I had a 4G connection and was shocked to see that the Youtube did indeed suck terrribly in Hq mode. The Youtube on my TP2 is literrally 10 times as sharp all of the time - very impressive. I was kind of hoping that it was isolated to the store and maybe a settings issue but now after seeing this tread I am starting to get worried. You tube and the other video player on The EVO sucked mightily to the point where I would never use them if they end up being my only options to view video. I have also spent a considerable amount of time in the Verizon store playing with the Incredible and the same inferior quality exists. I almost, and hope I am wrong, want to believe that this is an Android issue. I get my EVO tomorrow or maybe Tuesday, the latest. BTW, am I the only one who thinks that the screen on the EVO is superior to that of the Incredible? The colors on the Incredible looks unnatural, almost like an overkill, and for some reason the resolution just don't seem quite as sharp.