PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO - Root|Recovery|Nand Backup|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Videos

***UPDATE***

I got a PM from blockhead428 and he pointed out that there are some different choices on the manual recovery menu VS the auto recovery menu.

I'm going to update the steps to reflect the new options, but the overall concept is still the same. You still need to clear factory & cache, their just named differently, and the Nandroid backup menu is different but very easy to navigate.

I'll work on this today and try to have a new video and instructions up by tonight if possible. I have other stuff going on today so I may not finish it until tomorrow.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2 -TO- HTC EVO 4G-TO-EVO 3D

yang704 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks man. This really help me out. I will give it a try now and let you know what's up.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

ok so i was doing the last step in the auto recovery and i select recovery with the volume down key and select it with the power button it rebooted quicky as soon as i did it and now it has a pic of the evo with a triangle with an exclamtion mark in it????????
Old 06-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
ok so i was doing the last step in the auto recovery and i select recovery with the volume down key and select it with the power button it rebooted quicky as soon as i did it and now it has a pic of the evo with a triangle with an exclamtion mark in it????????
Now hold volume UP and press power. Select "apply sdcard:update.zip"

I'm about to start a new video tutorial and I'm going to re-write the instructions because the new Auto-Recovery has different screens.
Gets the same thing done, but they're different names.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Hey Bro-read your new instructions-GREAT-just a thought-you may want to mention the force close that happens frequently when we first run the ROM Manager/ClockworkMod just so my fellow n00bs dont freak out. Or not.....your call.
btw
OMJ's latest is up with AUTO-recovery, killer!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

DrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good workDrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via MSN to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via Yahoo to DrUnKeN_TiGeR
Re: Rooting and Flashing EVO Instructions for super n00b's on PC's ***Videos Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Great to hear.
I can't wait until DrUnKeN_TiGeR see's this post.
lol i gave up on custom recovery

Old 06-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Hey Bro-read your new instructions-GREAT-just a thought-you may want to mention the force close that happens frequently when we first run the ROM Manager/ClockworkMod just so my fellow n00bs dont freak out. Or not.....your call.
btw
OMJ's latest is up with AUTO-recovery, killer!
Thanks, I'm just about to do the new video. I'm actually going to record every single step from downgrading-->rooting-->recovery-->flash
In the auto-recovery video I have up now, I left the 1st crash of rom manager and I mentioned it. If it happens in the new video it will stay, otherwise I'll just add a note that it tends to happen.

I'll definitely use OMJ's rom.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dkd711 is just getting started

thx worked like a charm, I don't get why some are having such a hard time. Take your time a follow the steps exactly. Worked fine on my first try. First android phone and I'm liking this EVO. Stupid WM was lame.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Question Re: EVO - Root|Recovery|Nand Backup|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Now hold volume UP and press power. Select "apply sdcard:update.zip"
Ok, I did that and something is not right...I got the following error message:

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Now what do I do because I cant complete the recovery, nor can I do the Nandroid backup until I get past this part. Please help!
Old 06-11-2010, 11:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nvrnugh is just getting started

I am a complete and total NOOB and this was simply brillant! I wish I could thank you more and more and more. Truly thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos