PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 01:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Yessss!!!! Netflix on Roku box WORKS on Evo in 3G on Hotspot

Sprint demonstrated a Roku streaming Netflix at CTIA when they first showed the Evo, didn't they? I could swear I remember them showing a Transformers trailer via a Roku box that was connected to an Evo...
Old 06-01-2010, 03:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Sprint demonstrated a Roku streaming Netflix at CTIA when they first showed the Evo, didn't they? I could swear I remember them showing a Transformers trailer via a Roku box that was connected to an Evo...
I don't know anything about that, but I doubt they did it on 3G
Old 06-01-2010, 06:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Xbox coupled with SlingBox equals Netflix on your phone! I do it with my TP2. I can also hook the slingbox up simultaneously to my Dish Network DVR and catch that last episode of 24 that I missed.

Sling doesn't have an Android player yet but it's "coming soon" (whatever that means)
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

srtpusher is becoming a great contributor

ok, so you are not watching on your phone, you are just using your phone as a hotspot, correct?
Old 06-01-2010, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

codeman05 is keeping up the good workcodeman05 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
Xbox coupled with SlingBox equals Netflix on your phone! I do it with my TP2. I can also hook the slingbox up simultaneously to my Dish Network DVR and catch that last episode of 24 that I missed.
Interesting, I had not thought of doing that, I'll have to give that a try.
Thanks!
Old 06-01-2010, 11:46 AM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

Sling doesn't have an Android player yet but it's "coming soon" (whatever that means)
How do you control the Xbox via Slingbox? I know you can connect the video output of the Xbox to your Slingbox's Video input, but then how to you browse to the Netflix and play a movie?
Old 06-01-2010, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtpusher View Post
ok, so you are not watching on your phone, you are just using your phone as a hotspot, correct?
Correct. This phone is the first one that the Roku will connect through, to the best of my knowledge, and I've been researching and trying for quite awhile.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:

I think you're missing the point. You're talking about watching TV on your phone. I'm talking about using the phone to feed internet signal to the Roku box to feed pre-selected shows to the TV when the cable is down, or you're traveling and take your Roku box with you.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I think you're missing the point. You're talking about watching TV on your phone. I'm talking about using the phone to feed internet signal to the Roku box to feed pre-selected shows to the TV when the cable is down, or you're traveling and take your Roku box with you.
I guess I did miss the point. Woops. My bad.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
How do you control the Xbox via Slingbox? I know you can connect the video output of the Xbox to your Slingbox's Video input, but then how to you browse to the Netflix and play a movie?
The XBox has an IR receiver built in to be used with the media remote. The slingbox should have the IR blaster codes to control the xbox. They closed the slingcommunity forums. That's where I read this. I haven't tried it yet, but I will when I get home in a couple weeks. Maybe just scan the codes while you have the IR blaster aimed at your Xbox. I bet one of the thousands of codes will work.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G