PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Hero/Evo4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Stealth86 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No Evo4G's at Best Buy without a qualified upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtut18 View Post
Hey OP, are you in southeastern Wisconsin? Just curious, since I reserved mine in Milwaukee.

I am in Racine, your southern neighbor, and thats what they've said... No upgrade=no Evo... Again, could vary depending on your location/store...

I just thought that others that werent qualified wouldn't want the disappointment when they showed up and were(might be) denied because of this.

I've got 5 lines, obviously a premier customer for Sprint.
1 Line with Premier Perks/Upgrade, 2 qualified for $150 upgrade and 2 qualified for $75 upgrade... So I'm not worried about getting my 2 Evo's

Old 06-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth86 View Post
I am in Racine, your southern neighbor, and thats what they've said... No upgrade=no Evo... Again, could vary depending on your location/store...

I just thought that others that werent qualified wouldn't want the disappointment when they showed up and were(might be) denied because of this.

I've got 5 lines, obviously a premier customer for Sprint.
1 Line with Premier Perks/Upgrade, 2 qualified for $150 upgrade and 2 qualified for $75 upgrade... So I'm not worried about getting my 2 Evo's
I reserved mine at the Menomonee Falls BB which is a few miles North of Milwaukee. I was the 2nd person to reserve mine and they never mentioned that rule. I scheduled my appointmnt for Friday at noon and he still didn't mention that. If that is the case they did a poor job of handling the pre-order process. That should be something explained before they allow you to place the pre-order. Oh well I also pre-ordered thru EVP so I just hope the EVP one comes before the 4th and I'll just give my BB pre-order to my friend.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Prozakk is a n00b

I've had an upgrade since October 2009. This phone was the determining factor in my decision to stay with Sprint (remember months back, it was the HD2, which hadn't come to the U.S. yet? Boy does time fly lol). Can't wait for June 4th.

However, I still haven't gotten a call from Best Buy about an appointment.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Well if your a premier customer with Sprint and the primary line you get $150 towards a new 2 year agreement...not 75...unless your paying less than $100 on your bill..
if you paying $70 or more a month then you get the 150 off every year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
Old 06-01-2010, 01:55 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

my bb here in ann arbor mi, the one I work at, promises to price match sprint at 449 if mentioned... so if a customer doesn't mention it, they'll charge more
Old 06-01-2010, 03:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo

Norwester05 is just getting started

They didn't say anything about this at my BB but when I ordered and when they called to make my appointment they asked if I was eligible (I am) for a upgrade.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Hero/Evo4G
Threadstarter

Stealth86 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
I reserved mine at the Menomonee Falls BB which is a few miles North of Milwaukee. I was the 2nd person to reserve mine and they never mentioned that rule. I scheduled my appointmnt for Friday at noon and he still didn't mention that. If that is the case they did a poor job of handling the pre-order process. That should be something explained before they allow you to place the pre-order. Oh well I also pre-ordered thru EVP so I just hope the EVP one comes before the 4th and I'll just give my BB pre-order to my friend.

Noone mentioned a word of it to me either. Noone asked me if I was already a Sprint customer or if I was upgrading a line. They didnt check my account or my upgrade status. They simply said "Fill out this paper" and then when i handed it back asked for $100. (2 pre orders) Then handed me 2 giftcards and said stop in anytime on June 4th.

It was just yesterday (5/31) that I was forwarded the email from the DM that said were not selling the phone without a new line/upgrade until a later date.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:43 AM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Im going to be quite upset if they pull this on me.. as a matter of fact im just going to go up there on my lunch break since theyre STILL yet to call me.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

iceturkee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth86 View Post
Just heard that Best Buy stores in my district are NOT selling the Evo at full price to anyone.... In order to get an Evo you have to be qualified by Sprint for an upgrade (either $75-1yr or $150-2yr).

E-mail came from the District Manager (Southern Wisconsin)... so it may not be true in all stores...

that was clearly identified on my pre order paperwork for radio shack. but my upgrade goes into effect TODAY!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:50 AM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

My thing is the lady clearly told me there's no issue with buying the phone outright. If they pull a fast one on me im going to straight raise hell in the store until they give me my $50 back for the gift card.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G