PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 12:32 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No Evo4G's at Best Buy without a qualified upgrade

Ok so I just came from my BB and they said there is no issue buying outright there
Old 06-01-2010, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, soon EVO

Kingtut18 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm hoping I still can buy it outright at BB, I called on Friday and they said they are going to start to call for appointments this week, so I will ask when making my appt. If they say no, I will just go early to a Sprint store and buy it outright.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo-lution

karong is keeping up the good workkarong is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth86 View Post
Noone mentioned a word of it to me either. Noone asked me if I was already a Sprint customer or if I was upgrading a line. They didnt check my account or my upgrade status. They simply said "Fill out this paper" and then when i handed it back asked for $100. (2 pre orders) Then handed me 2 giftcards and said stop in anytime on June 4th.

It was just yesterday (5/31) that I was forwarded the email from the DM that said were not selling the phone without a new line/upgrade until a later date.
No one mentioned it to me either. Nobody checked my upgraded status I just filled out the paper, paid $50 and got my card. I don’t even know where I am in the line. It was the first day of pre-orders so im hoping im up front. I am eligible for an upgrade so im not worried but it still would have been nice to know.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:50 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Yea the fact that they didnt even bother asking people or checking to see if they were up for upgrade will give them A LOT of problems Friday if they try that upgrade only stuff. That's something they should have made clear from the beginning.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, soon EVO

Kingtut18 is becoming a great contributor

I just got my call for the appointment, and She asked if I was going to pay the full price or if I had an upgrade available, I told her I didn't have an upgrade, and that I was going to pay the full price, and she said that is fine.

So I'm getting mine right when the store opens.

I know it still is best buy, so if they manage to screw this up, I have multiple Sprint stores I can still go to and hopefully get one.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G