PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

knlmwq is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Only $75 upgrade eligible. Mail in/Instant rebate

I was wondering how radioshack, BestBuy, and Sprint were going to handle the rebate for those only up for a $75 dollar upgrade discount.

Will we still be eligible for the mail-in rebate from Sprint?

Will Bestbuy and Radioshack still be giving the $100 instant rebate making the price $275?
Old 05-31-2010, 01:26 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: Only $75 upgrade eligible. Mail in/Instant rebate

It will not be 275 at BB. It never is 75 more than what you pay for 2yr upgrade. It will prob be 300+.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah... assuming you dont have a flyer with the $449 price you'll pay for price matching:

$599 (retail as per BB) - $75 (early upg) - $100 (2 yr agreement MIR/in-store instant discount) = $424

If you get the flyer then it will be $274

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 05-31-2010, 04:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

nunyabiziz is just getting started

It should be only $75 off of retail with NO mail in or instant rebate. Rebates mail in or instant are only if qualified for the full $150 discount which in most cases the after the 22month period(excluding Premirer).
Old 05-31-2010, 04:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mseck is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to mseck Send a message via Yahoo to mseck

hey fenixjn

When you say "Flyers" are you talking about the Radio shack flyer stating the outright price for the evo is : 499.99?
Old 05-31-2010, 10:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

You won't get a MIR if you are only eligible for $75. I'm in the same boat as you. I would call or chat with Sprint and they will probably give you a $75 credit towards the purchase of the phone. So if you bought the phone from sprint you would be paying $300. Which isn't bad if you have a TP2 like me. I'm selling mine and I'll at least get $200 for it. So out of pocket expenses are going to be $100.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

jdmcivicguy is a n00b

i preordered with rs and i only have the $75 upgrade. the price is $374 plus tax.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Threadstarter

knlmwq is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
You won't get a MIR if you are only eligible for $75. I'm in the same boat as you. I would call or chat with Sprint and they will probably give you a $75 credit towards the purchase of the phone. So if you bought the phone from sprint you would be paying $300. Which isn't bad if you have a TP2 like me. I'm selling mine and I'll at least get $200 for it. So out of pocket expenses are going to be $100.
Yea, Sprint said they would give me a $75 dollar credit on top of my $75 eligibility. Now its just a matter of me waiting til 8/1/10 when I could get both the $150 off and instant rebate, or just sell my touch pro 2 and get it now for an extra $100
Old 05-31-2010, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is what I don't understand. The $75/$150 is for time served (being a customer for x amount of months/or new customer) and the mail in rebate or instant discount is contingent on signing up for 2 years which you would be doing unless buying the phone out right. Why would you resign for two years to only save $75.00 on a phone? I fought with BB on this with the TP and I got them to give me the instant discount when I was only eligible for the $75.00 upgrade credit. My reasoning was the instant rebate states with a 2 year agreement which I was signing up for....
Old 05-31-2010, 10:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcivicguy View Post
i preordered with rs and i only have the $75 upgrade. the price is $374 plus tax.
I afraid not RS doesn't do $75 off they only do $150. @ RS if your not eligible for $150 off from sprint then you will have to pay full price. Which at RS is $499. I'm going to shoot for Sprint store first thing in the morning I will save $125 by getting it from Sprint. $75 off + the phone is $449 @ Sprint.

Droidrox39

Last edited by zone23; 05-31-2010 at 10:36 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G