PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Only $75 upgrade eligible. Mail in/Instant rebate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I afraid not RS doesn't do $75 off they only do $150. @ RS if your not eligible for $150 off from sprint then you will have to pay full price. Which at RS is $499. I'm going to shoot for Sprint store first thing in the morning I will save $125 by getting it from Sprint. $75 off + the phone is $449 @ Sprint.
I would go to Sprint if I didn't have to do a mail in rebate...I dont have time for that mess...Mail in rebates should be obsolete hell
Old 05-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I afraid not RS doesn't do $75 off they only do $150. @ RS if your not eligible for $150 off from sprint then you will have to pay full price. Which at RS is $499. I'm going to shoot for Sprint store first thing in the morning I will save $125 by getting it from Sprint. $75 off + the phone is $449 @ Sprint.
actually not true, RS will run with the $75 upgrade Instant rebate, not mail in, but that's all you're going to get, $75 so you're price on the phone (since Radioshack's price is artificially high for now) is $425

if you work for radioshack or feel like proving someone wrong, go/tell them to go to ANSO -> Signs Online -> Wireless Pricing and punch in the sku, you/they will get a list of about 25 different situations for pricing, roughly 1/3 of them will be for $75 upgrade

(what's really sad, i typed this from home, from memory)
Old 05-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i360
This is what I don't understand. The $75/$150 is for time served (being a customer for x amount of months/or new customer) and the mail in rebate or instant discount is contingent on signing up for 2 years which you would be doing unless buying the phone out right. Why would you resign for two years to only save $75.00 on a phone? I fought with BB on this with the TP and I got them to give me the instant discount when I was only eligible for the $75.00 upgrade credit. My reasoning was the instant rebate states with a 2 year agreement which I was signing up for....
$75 is $75 I think we should get the $100 mail in rebate. My $150 upgrade is in 97 days and I dont feel like waiting that long. Ill be a premier customer around that same time. I want the phone now and if all I have to pay is a $100 so be it. Ive been with Sprint for almost 9 years now, I dont plan on leaving them anytime soon.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

All I know is what they told me @ the store and on the phone. RS guy said they only do $150s for people who are eligible for new two year contracts. If your not eligible then you have to pay full price (no $75 off). I know you work there and all I'm just telling you what they told me over the phone. I will be happy if I can get the $75 off but they told me something completely different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
actually not true, RS will run with the $75 upgrade Instant rebate, not mail in, but that's all you're going to get, $75 so you're price on the phone (since Radioshack's price is artificially high for now) is $425

if you work for radioshack or feel like proving someone wrong, go/tell them to go to ANSO -> Signs Online -> Wireless Pricing and punch in the sku, you/they will get a list of about 25 different situations for pricing, roughly 1/3 of them will be for $75 upgrade

(what's really sad, i typed this from home, from memory)

Droidrox39
Old 05-31-2010, 11:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

jdmcivicguy is a n00b

Quote:
i don't think you read my post. i already preordered, and that is my remainder balance. i have the quote in writing from the store manager.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I don't know what I'm reading anymore I just hope I'm the only person at the Sprint store Friday morning.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

I finally got the run down on partial credit customers at BB, The phone is $599 minus $150 but they will do price match so the cost will be $449 minus $150 = $300 excluding tax.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

nunyabiziz is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
I finally got the run down on partial credit customers at BB, The phone is $599 minus $150 but they will do price match so the cost will be $449 minus $150 = $300 excluding tax.
Maybe you are not wording it correctly, but if you qualify for the $150 then you will also qualify for the instant/mail in rebate too. So that would make the price after instant/mail in rebate $199. Also bestbuy might not price match if the phone is purchased at a discounted price, meaning that if you buy it as part of an upgrade. They HAVE to price match if the phone is purchased at full retail price.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyabiziz View Post
Maybe you are not wording it correctly, but if you qualify for the $150 then you will also qualify for the instant/mail in rebate too. So that would make the price after instant/mail in rebate $199. Also bestbuy might not price match if the phone is purchased at a discounted price, meaning that if you buy it as part of an upgrade. They HAVE to price match if the phone is purchased at full retail price.
I did word it correctly!
Full discount will be $199 with instant MIR but for partial credit meaning $75 will actually get $150 off of $599 with no MIR which=$449, BB does price match which means we can get $599 lowered to $449 and another $150 for a total of $300 plus tax.

Sprint is selling the phone for $449 without contract
I talked to two different BB locations for conformation

Last edited by gutrrob; 05-31-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

nunyabiziz is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
I did word it correctly!
Full discount will be $199 with instant MIR but for partial credit meaning $75 will actually get $150 off of $599 with no MIR which=$449, BB does price match which means we can get $599 lowered to $449 and another $150 for a total of $300 plus tax.

Sprint is selling the phone for $449 without contract
I talked to two different BB locations for conformation
Ok im sorry that im a little slow, please explain to me so I too can get this deal that you will be getting for the phone. How does $75=$150??? Your math is $449-$75(upgrade discount)=$300. Where is the extra $75 credit coming from? My math IF there were to be a pricematch, $449-$75=$374 +tax. I may be wrong but at that price BB could be losing money on this item as they would not get the credit from Sprint for the FULL 2 year upgrade/new line of service.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G