PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 04:58 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint ok's FREE HOT SPOT on 2.2 and teethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
MrHawaii he clearly said it would be free..your trying to go too far...i'll give a good example look.

That is an amendment of the constitution granted free speech..but congress can order to shoot the people that speak freely because no where does it say congress can't punish those that speak freely..
???

What?!

LOL!
Old 05-30-2010, 06:07 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
???

What?!

LOL!
I am saying if you put enough effort anything can be shifted to mean anything..he said 4g would be free..he lied..I mean he is a CEO of a mulimillion dollar corporation..is it that hard to consider that they are capable of lying?

I know we all think that CEOs are angles given from god and all..but yes they can lie too...

He is a lier and a jerk the end...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Good article over at Android and Me...

Sprint EVO does free tethering… just like every Android phone:
http://androidandme.com/2010/05/news...android-phone/
Old 05-31-2010, 12:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Deal, I will use the same post that tool2269 tried to use to prove y'alls point. I will underline where Hesse says and is talking about 4G only. You then show me where he is talking about 3G+4G.
Don't worry about what tool2269 posted. That was some blog paraphrasing what Hesse said. here is the actual video of Hesse saying it, so you can see EXACTLY what he said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-sRcRf0CbA

As you can see, he says (direct quote here) exact words,
"A good analogy that's been used between 4G and 3G and 2G is kind of moving from dial up data at home to you know, low speed DSL, to cable modems, and faster speeds. Or, in television, uh, standard def versus high def. But if you took a look at those models, you paid more for faster speeds, for your home internet. You paid more for for the HD channels. In essence what we're doing with 4G is we're throwing in the HD channels for free. Uh, because we're not charging any more, and we're giving customers more. You get more gigabytes, per month, in your rate plan, and you're going to be using a lot more gigabytes."

Now, to answer your point about the internet... When I upgraded from dial up to DSL, my DSL INCLUDED dial up access. When I upgraed my broadband speed, I was not prevented from connecting at the slower speed. So yes, upgrading still includes all the stuff you got before. And clearly, he said "we're giving you more for free." He did not say, "we're giving you more but then charging you extra to keep the old service." And it is flat out ridiculous to even imply that he did.

Quote:
I will give you the HD analogy, but if I give you the HD analogy I am taking the home internet analogy. Because with home internet you don't continue to use the previous service if you upgarde to the newer one.
False. yes, you are still more than cabable of connecting at 3 megs after you upgrade to the 10 meg service.

Quote:
I would like to call special attention to this part here:

Notice he starts off by saying "4G" not 3G+4G, he continues with an analogy explaining the steps of 4G, 3G, and 2G like that of home internet.

In this one paragraph (in the same paragraph that is trying to be used to prove your point) I count 4 times in which he clearly states or refers to 4G as a standalone service when comparing to 3G. I count 1 time where an analogy he used could be misunderstood as referring to 4G in combination with 3G. I honestly think it was a bad analogy.

Now your turn, find me times where Hesse said 4G in combination with 3G use will cost no more or cost less than 3G alone. Please keep your quotes accurate and in context. Thank you.
So wait, you're seriously trying to make an argument that the "premium data" fee is for 3G and NOT 4G? well if that is the case, I have a 3G plan right now. I currently have unlimited 3G on my current plan, and it works just fine on my current phone. So then, since you seem to agree that he said 4G would be free (no extra charge) then why do i have an extra charge? If the fee is really for 3G, well I am already paying for 3G right now.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:28 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

What is teethering?
Old 05-31-2010, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

honduranthunder is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I know we all think that CEOs are angles given from god and all..but yes they can lie too...

what are "angles given from God?"
Old 05-31-2010, 12:50 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

LOL!

Indeed!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G