PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 03:09 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android Froyo 2.2 FACTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniuz650 View Post
I found this.

http://techie-buzz.com/mobile-news/n...ta-update.html

Google will also release an Android 2.2 update for devices such as HTC Incredible, EVO 4G, HTC Desire and Motorola Milestone in the coming few weeks.
Thanks!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

crownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniuz650 View Post
I found this.

http://techie-buzz.com/mobile-news/n...ta-update.html

Google will also release an Android 2.2 update for devices such as HTC Incredible, EVO 4G, HTC Desire and Motorola Milestone in the coming few weeks.
thats true but dont it have to go through sprint before it comes to us(and we all know sprint will take a long a** time so basically we can see this around Q3 2011)
Old 05-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i may be blind so and i missed a portion of the lived stream so i apoligize if this has been stated. but prior to i/o it was widely reported that froyo would end fragmentaion for android. while one can infer that to be able to run froyo based on the facts you listed slim, that a phone would have to be pretty stout. did they directly address the fragmentaion issue?
Old 05-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
i may be blind so and i missed a portion of the lived stream so i apoligize if this has been stated. but prior to i/o it was widely reported that froyo would end fragmentaion for android. while one can infer that to be able to run froyo based on the facts you listed slim, that a phone would have to be pretty stout. did they directly address the fragmentaion issue?
I did not see anything about fragmentation.
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D

ubigred is becoming a great contributor

^^^ What is fragmentation?
Old 05-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

thanks, like i said one would assume most lower end devices wouldnt get officially updated with froyo, just want to know if they directly acknowledged it.

lookin forward to your froyo initial impressions later on today slim!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
thanks, like i said one would assume most lower end devices wouldnt get officially updated with froyo, just want to know if they directly acknowledged it.

lookin forward to your froyo initial impressions later on today slim!
i'm almost positive the lower end devices will never see froyo officially. Like you said thats a long list and the specs on those phones don't match up. somebody will probably port over a dumbed down version but not what we're going to get. Yeah i can't wait for this update
Old 05-20-2010, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, Touch Pro, EVO 4G

jester95 is just getting started

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZYSVr2Bhc
Old 05-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
They did address fragmentation but obviously without calling it out specifically. Instead Froyo is now a REQUIREMENT for OEMs (like LG, HTC, Samsung, ect.) so they can't bitch out and try to put 1.6 (Looking at you Sony and their X10 smfh) on the device.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 05-20-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

johnnycakes2 is keeping up the good workjohnnycakes2 is keeping up the good work

Folks, remember one thing: the Hero, Eris, et al. were coming from 1.5 to 2.1 -- a major difference in OS architecture. Coupling that with overlaying Sense UI is what took so long. However, 2.1 to 2.2 is not that big a departure in mechanics. Yes, there are a lot of new features but most are simply enhancements. Therefore, HTC and Sprint will be able to move this along much faster than before. FroYo will not get pushed out to some phones until June. Expect it on the EVO no later than September.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G