PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 08:06 PM
dLo
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dLo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I need some help/advice

ok so i was wondering since i am not to familiar with the whole lingo with cell phones if i could get some of your takes on what i should or what i can do. So i am a premier customer with sprint and plan to be getting this EVO when it comes out. I don't have any eligibility for an upgrade nor am i going to add a line to get the phone. I was wondering since i am a premier customer if there is some way i could be able to get the phone for a 199.99 price tag. I know one option might be to buy out the contract and then renew to a new 2yr and be able to get the phone in that sense but i dont want to have to wait for the 4th and go to the sprint store because what if they sell out? I want to be guaranteed a phone so i can have it on the 4th and not have to wait for the next shipment of EVOs to get to the store which could be god knows how long. I think i heard someone say that if you have the Employee Value Program and being able to pre-order it through sprint that way. If that is true then i think i will be able to do that. But all in all what should i do here not knowing if it is true about ordering the EVO through sprint being with the EVP?
Old 05-22-2010, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Quiksmage is becoming a great contributor
Re: I need some help/advice

If you're not out of contract and you're not close to it, I wouldn't think you have good chances of getting it for 200. However, there is always luck and maybe you can find the right people that will hook it up. Chances are, you have to pay full price though.

I have no idea about the EVP or anything of that nature, but Sprint says they are not doing pre-orders on the EVO.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Almost a VIP

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

You will want to check the Pre-Orders thread that is above, there is alot of info in there about who are getting phones and from whom. I do know that BBY has stopped their pre orders.

Shell
Old 05-22-2010, 08:52 PM
dLo
N00b
Threadstarter

dLo is a n00b

sigh.... i guess i didnt make myself too clear on my question. I am a premier member... does that mean ANYTHING? like i said i dont know what i am really talking about cause i am not too literate in the cell phone field. This will be the first time i buy a phone like this and didnt know what my options are and what i can do about being able to buy out the rest of the contract and re-up to get the phone for 199.99. and i just mentioned the preorder through sprint cause someone said something about if you had the EVP then you could and i was simply asking if there was any backing to that statement. I dont know if being a premier member will help me out in being able to get a better discount or what?
Old 05-22-2010, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quiksmage is becoming a great contributor

as far as i know, being a premiere member means you get to upgrade once per year instead of every two years. I think that's all you get in regards to getting the phone itself cheaper.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Stunna4life888 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to Stunna4life888

If you are a premier customer, after one year of service on that line you are eligible for a 2 year ($150) discount. You get a "one year perk" over others.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Almost a VIP

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=32

Shell
Old 05-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dLo View Post
I am a premier member... does that mean ANYTHING?
It means they'll give you a 2 year upgrade after 1 year from signing your last contract however, if youre not eligible for that they probably won't allow you to get an early upgrade because they still have you for more than half your contract, but sometimes ya never know, find out when your next 2 year upgrade is then call customer service and see if they can upgrade you early, i've seen heard a lot of stories of CS working with people to get "THE" phone

and as for your initial question, if you're not eligible for an upgrade but you're willing to pay the termination fee on your account to get the upgrade price, you're going to spend about $450 anyway so why not just pay unactivated and save yourself the hassle
Old 05-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

Quote:
someone said something about if you had the EVP then you could

I preordered through EVP. evpdiscount.com
Old 05-22-2010, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 & HTC Hero

sikclown is keeping up the good worksikclown is keeping up the good work

Quote:
sigh.... i guess i didnt make myself too clear on my question. I am a premier member... does that mean ANYTHING? like i said i dont know what i am really talking about cause i am not too literate in the cell phone field. This will be the first time i buy a phone like this and didnt know what my options are and what i can do about being able to buy out the rest of the contract and re-up to get the phone for 199.99. and i just mentioned the preorder through sprint cause someone said something about if you had the EVP then you could and i was simply asking if there was any backing to that statement. I dont know if being a premier member will help me out in being able to get a better discount or what?
Are you sure you don't have an available upgrade? Your signature says you are using a Touch Pro so you should be well past a year on a contract. If you are premiere you should have the option to upgrade. Just sign in online and choose to upgrade your phone and then when you get to the phone selections it will let you know what discounts you are eligible for. If you don't have an eligibility it will just show you the 0 month contract Price. I have several lines that don't say they are eligible however they are

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G