PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 01:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC EVO 4G Review!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman1224 View Post
Hmm, I'm calling BS on full flash. If it had full flash capability, we'd have heard that from other reviewers as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousgtz View Post
really hulu works?
Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
NO it does not. I'm calling shenanigans on this. My best friend whom also has the device said Hulu didn't work for him either. So idk if this review or reviewer is BSing it, but I assure you, Hulu does not work.
it has flash lite like what's on the droid incredible. and if the droid incredible cant stream hulu, neither can the evo. even if his unit magically had flash 10.1, hulu is blocking content http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/20/f...medium=twitter

hulu is a sensitive topic. everyone wants it because it's inaccessible to us. if bigchico says it works without actually trying it, that's a big no-no. there's just nothing to prove that he's telling the truth, so he can't expect us to believe it. like i said before, this is an instance of pic or it didn't happen. no hard feelings.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
its just you, and others who dont fall into the pre-release-hype. you dont want it if you gotta harp on everything negative. (losing signals in a building, what you TP2 never had a sucky signal somewhere and started roaming?) it wont be perfect, nothing ever is. but its a HUGE deal because its new. yes the initial hype may boil down after its release, but this doesnt seem like the type of phone that will fall off the meter. Its like iPhone caliber right now. Peole will love it or love to hate it. It aint goin no where, unless they start exploding in people pockets. Wait for the few months for people who dont like it as much as they thought and scour ebay/CL for one used and price is knocked down a lil. but the sprint fees aint goin no where. But like anything new, u gotta pay to play man. You want that luxury/performance, u gonna spend a lil more for it. American way.
I'm talking strictly 4G, TP2 does not have 4G and no, I get very good signal with my TP2 in buildings. And lets face it, 4G is in the name of the phone "HTC EVO 4G". If you cannot get good 4G signal in a building it is concerning. When the review from Wall Street Journal says "However, the data speeds I got in my tests weren't spectacular, or anywhere close to the typical maximum Sprint claims, even in Baltimore, where the company's 4G network is mature.", its a bit dissapointing. Anyone with 4G aircards want to chime in and tell us what kind of coverage you get in buildings?
Old 05-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D

ubigred is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
Reading the engadget review about 4G being spotty is starting to turn me off on the phone. That and the questionable future of 4G with more people using it. Personally that is one of the defining features of the phone, but if you lose signal just going into a coffee shop? Damn that sucks. Most of the time I'm inside buildings. Right now I'm on 30 SERO ,and for this phone my bill would jump to 80 bucks. My TP2 is a little laggy at times cause it is Winmo 6.5, but for the most part runs great and does everything I need it to do. I try to convince myself how much better life will be with the EVO to try to justify the huge plan price increase, but I think I'm starting to trick myself. In a few months the giddyness of having the EVO will probably wear off like every other phone I've had, but I'll be stuck with an expensive plan. Anyone else in the same shoes? Or am I the only one feeling like this LOL. Feel like I have the angel and devil sitting on my shoulders, the devil telling me to buy the evo and the angel telling me I need to save my money.
Im in the same boat my Houston compandre (sp?) lol.....I have the TP2 as well and on SERO ($30). The situation is complicated because the TP2 has a big screen , a keyboard , and I only play $30+/month. I previously had the TP1 and the TP2 was GOD SEND!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to the EVO is really just a "want" that comes with a higher price tag . However, I have to get this phone. I will get this phone.

What will make me sad/mad is months later when a 4.3 Android WITH KEYBOARD comes out...but until then I will revel superbly with the EVO.

Now off to look for sneaky discounts to lower my Sprint bill...........
Old 05-20-2010, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubigred View Post
Im in the same boat my Houston compandre (sp?) lol.....I have the TP2 as well and on SERO ($30). The situation is complicated because the TP2 has a big screen , a keyboard , and I only play $30+/month. I previously had the TP1 and the TP2 was GOD SEND!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to the EVO is really just a "want" that comes with a higher price tag . However, I have to get this phone. I will get this phone.

What will make me sad/mad is months later when a 4.3 Android WITH KEYBOARD comes out...but until then I will revel superbly with the EVO.

Now off to look for sneaky discounts to lower my Sprint bill...........
Hello fellow Houstonian! Glad I'm not alone! My TP2 is a great phone and I'm trying to find reasons not to like it LOL. I already prepurchased mine from Best Buy at Gunspoint. Think I'm going to add a line with it and keep my SERO for a a week or two and try it out. If I like it and it delivers everything as promised I will keep it. I just hope the huge increase in plan price is well justified. What scares me is we can't ever go back to the $30 plans. Where you get'n yours?
Old 05-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

I edited the first post. So everyone can go back and see what I wrote under the flash section. my bad..

Old 05-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D

ubigred is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Hello fellow Houstonian! Glad I'm not alone! My TP2 is a great phone and I'm trying to find reasons not to like it LOL. I already prepurchased mine from Best Buy at Gunspoint. Think I'm going to add a line with it and keep my SERO for a a week or two and try it out. If I like it and it delivers everything as promised I will keep it. I just hope the huge increase in plan price is well justified. What scares me is we can't ever go back to the $30 plans. Where you get'n yours?
LOL @ Gunspoint.

I will get mine at BB or Sprint store if I can convince a rep beforehand to somehow "forget" to change my upgrade date lol. If either scenarios fail I will just get it at Radio Shack for the $20 gift card.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff

Quote:
I also have a TP 2 and I love it also, but I will for sure be getting this phone!! Luckily my plan is only $20!!
Old 05-20-2010, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g/Sprint

MarcusInMD is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Reading the engadget review about 4G being spotty is starting to turn me off on the phone. That and the questionable future of 4G with more people using it. Personally that is one of the defining features of the phone, but if you lose signal just going into a coffee shop? Damn that sucks. Most of the time I'm inside buildings. Right now I'm on 30 SERO ,and for this phone my bill would jump to 80 bucks. My TP2 is a little laggy at times cause it is Winmo 6.5, but for the most part runs great and does everything I need it to do. I try to convince myself how much better life will be with the EVO to try to justify the huge plan price increase, but I think I'm starting to trick myself. In a few months the giddyness of having the EVO will probably wear off like every other phone I've had, but I'll be stuck with an expensive plan. Anyone else in the same shoes? Or am I the only one feeling like this LOL. Feel like I have the angel and devil sitting on my shoulders, the devil telling me to buy the evo and the angel telling me I need to save my money.

I was on the fence about getting the EVO after sprint blind sided us with the 10 fee and the insane 30 for wifi router. With the reviews coming in about the device I am really about to forget about this device. I may hold out until a price drop or perhaps jump at the TP2 for now...I would like a larger screen and with the TP2 I can still run wifirouter for free. Then again, my TP is working ok just slow by todays standards. It still makes calls and the 3g connection with my netbook tablet is snappy.

Watching tne reviews of the browser are killing me but I still cannot see spending an insane amount more for this device just to havge spotty 4g service.

I keep hearing in my head.. "a fool and his money soon part ways." - lol
Old 05-20-2010, 10:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico67 View Post
I edited the first post. So everyone can go back and see what I wrote under the flash section. my bad..
Haven't read your edit, nor do I care to. You directly said you had it working, clearly it doesn't. This entire review has been discredited IMO
Old 05-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Haven't read your edit, nor do I care to. You directly said you had it working, clearly it doesn't. This entire review has been discredited IMO
hey video was playing on hulu. whether it be a commercial or a show. It is still video on hulu and it was playing. So I could really care less if you like or dislike the review or if you think it is discredited. Don't hurt my feelings any.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo, review