PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC EVO 4G Review!!

Good info bro, wish I could get my hands on one. For the FM radio will wireless headphones work? Never had a phone that got FM.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
You need the headphones, just like any other htc device that has an fm radio.

Just like any other device period. My N96 has a radio. The headphones act as an antenna
Old 05-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Good info bro, wish I could get my hands on one. For the FM radio will wireless headphones work? Never had a phone that got FM.

CW
Wired head phones

Old 05-19-2010, 11:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

hulu playing? pic or it didn't happen...
Old 05-19-2010, 11:25 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Wired head phones
That suck I hate headphone that have wires thats the whole point in having a mobile device is to get away from the wires...lol

CW
Old 05-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
That suck I hate headphone that have wires thats the whole point in having a mobile device is to get away from the wires...lol

CW
Yeah me too, not to mention that I have a tendancy to be clumsy as hell sometimes so the less wires the safer me and my evo will be.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

honduranthunder is becoming a great contributor

yep..bestbuy does have "mock phones" available. I loved it! Now I know the feeling of holding an HTC Evo.. it's amazing... the feel, design, and specs of the phone are apparent, and I can't wait for the real thing! I compared the weight of the phone with my TP2, and it was the same. The size of the phone felt good in your hands, and the screen was enormous! The kickstand was my favorite! oh, btw.. I recorded the whole thing...here ya go.. recorded with my TP2, and quality isn't so great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyxH5SyeC7Y
Old 05-19-2010, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

crownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

was goin to post a new thread but since this is started ill post it here..........here is one of Engadgets review

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/19/htc-evo-4g-review/
Old 05-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanee View Post
Thanks for "real person" review. For some reason, all the mobile sites who sent their reps to launch events, their comments do not mean a lot to me. Maybe somewhere in a back of my mind I think they will write whatever it takes to post what people expect to hear. Now regular user reviews, to me, are more valuable.

How's the weight and thickness of a device compared to TP2?
The phone weighs half of what the TP 2 weighs. It was very nice to not feel like I was hold a brick. LOL!

Old 05-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMostToys View Post
Did you happen to try the speakerphone? How does it compare to the TP2?
I did not use the speaker phone so I am not sure, but from what I hear it works very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormygal_indy View Post
Thanks much for the overview! I'm guessing you probably didn't have a chance to try out the bluetooth but here's my question... is there any add-on app/software that comes on the EVO that lets it bluetooth voice dial without needing to initiate it from the phone itself?
No didn't try out blue tooth and I am not sure about an app like that. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Umm how exactly did you get hulu to work? I tried numerous times and the commercial plays but the shows never starts...

I didn't do anything special I just clicked on a show, I think 30 rock and it came on I watch for a minute or so and went on to something else. Where did you use it at, maybe a bad connection or something.

Last edited by bigchico67; 05-20-2010 at 12:01 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo, review