PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67
Thumbs up HTC EVO 4G Review!!

Ok so I just got done at a training for the Evo and I got to play with one for about 45 minutes, and let me just say that it is rediculous!! I mean that in the best way possible! I will list below some of the things I did with the phone and what I thought of that feature:

4G Speed: I live in Atlanta and was right in the middle of the city pretty much, so the speeds were great. I was getting between 4-5 mbs each time I did a speedtest.

Talk and Browse: So seems I was in a 4G area I was able to talk on the phone and browse at the same time. The feature was very nice to use and it is about time we are able to do something like that. When using that feature everything worked perfectly and there was no lag in the internet from being on the call.

FM Radio: Very awesome feature and once again it is about time for a feature like this. It worked perfectly and I was able to pick up all the major radio stations around Atlanta.

Pics and Video: Now a lot of times even when the camera is a lot of mega pixels the picture quality isn't necassarily that great. That was not the case with this. The picture quality and the video quality was awesome. I will post a pic below of what I took, but I probably won't be able to post the video. The zoom on the camera is very nice and I miss having zoom seems they took it off the TP 2.

Google Goggles: Awesome application and as soon as I took a pic of something, it took about three seconds for it to scan the picture and then less than a second for it to pull it up on google and tell me everything about it.

Flash: Ok so many are saying it comes with flash lite and it actually isn't full flash. That may be, but if it is, then flash lite shows hulu, because I went to hulu's website seen the videos on there and clicked on 30 rock and it played. I didn't leave it on for long just a minute and then went on to something else. Someone posted they were able to see the commercial before the show, but not the actual show. Maybe that is what I was seeing and was just so excited that I didn't pay attention it was only the commerical preview before the actual show. I would assume that seems it played that part of it, it would play all of it, but from I what I have read I guess not. I wish I would have watched longer and payed attention a little more, so my apologies if that is all that works and not the actual shows. I also apoligize to everyone if I got many peoples hopes up, I was just so excited and trying to listen to the speaker at the same time, I just didn't pay that close attention to what part of the video was playing. I seen video playing on Hulu and was like whoo hoo!! But I got too excited too soon I guess.

Processor: The phone was super fast and switching between applications was very quick and smooth. The browsing, texting, etc... were all very fast without issue.

Battery Life: I only used it for 45 minutes but in that time I didn't notice a drain really. I asked the person whose phone it was and they got it like four days ago and said that the battery life is very good and is actually better in 4G they thought.

So in all honesty the phone gets a perfect review from me. If anyone has any questions about the phone that I have not posted about here, feel free to post a question and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Overall Score: 10/10

Last edited by bigchico67; 05-21-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Edited Flash Section
This post has been thanked 18 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo, review