PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: reason for no almoed screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Sucks in direct sunlight but most of the day I'm not walking outside on my phone. The sunrays have to beam on it directly. Also full brightness works but kills battery. Of course amoled is not perfect yet, but would choose over tft any day.
thank you very much is nice to know that we are not getting amoled display on the evo
Old 05-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
thank you very much is nice to know that we are not getting amoled display on the evo
You're definitely a loaner on the one. Only customers who don't have amoled like it better. Anyone with amoled will not give it up.
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

LucJoe is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by roghaj View Post
Agreed 110%. Actually 100%, but I'm trying to emphasize how much I agree. I don't want to see posts after this one saying that 100% is the limit on agreement. Thanks

Also, TFT is supposed to be brighter. Never did a side by side, but of those that did, 85% say it is brighter, while 35% can't tell the difference.
-Roger
Impossible to agree 110%, 100% is the limit. Thanks
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

I would much rather have the TFT display right now than the amoled display. Simple reason, it's be around much longer. The benifits right between the two are not that much, other than richer colors and such. I havn't seen any reviews on how much battery life it actually saves...weather or not there are issues with the amoled displays. I would rather have a display that is known to work and has experience to back it up. Hell, I'm just glad to get getting a phone with a capacitive multi-touch screen....my TP2 isn't and that irks me....
Old 05-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
You're definitely a loaner on the one. Only customers who don't have amoled like it better. Anyone with amoled will not give it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
I would much rather have the TFT display right now than the amoled display. Simple reason, it's be around much longer. The benifits right between the two are not that much, other than richer colors and such. I havn't seen any reviews on how much battery life it actually saves...weather or not there are issues with the amoled displays. I would rather have a display that is known to work and has experience to back it up. Hell, I'm just glad to get getting a phone with a capacitive multi-touch screen....my TP2 isn't and that irks me....
alone no more huh?
Old 05-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Its funny, everyone who is saying they want tft have never used amoled. If colors are far superior and it also saves battery, you don't want it because of direct sunlight which honestly isn't that cumbersome? I'm waiting for an incredible or nexus user to come in and say downgrade my screen, not happening. I know you want to be good sports about not getting it but after using my nexus then playing with the evo I missed the deeper colors.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Its funny, everyone who is saying they want tft have never used amoled. If colors are far superior and it also saves battery, you don't want it because of direct sunlight which honestly isn't that cumbersome? I'm waiting for an incredible or nexus user to come in and say downgrade my screen, not happening. I know you want to be good sports about not getting it but after using my nexus then playing with the evo I missed the deeper colors.
thats just your opinion .. and i was also just giving my opinion..one question does the samsung moment has an amoled display? is that the same one the nexus one has?
Old 05-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
The cons outweight the benfits from what I see so far....I headed over to wikipedia...OLED and say the fallowing....

Screen burn-in

Power consumption

Outdoor performance

Lifespan

You can go to the website and see what I mean by that. Yeah it may have some great benifits, but it's still young...and I'm not a fad about early technology like amoled. Even SSD Hard Drives are to new for me...they still have issue...I would just much rather have something I know has been around for alot more time, before jumping to something new like a amoled screen.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

Quote:
haha tell those noobs... you guys DO know that amoled... is um LED... takes no battery usage! and its frickin LED! go to a BRANDSMART or Best Buy. Look at two TVs... same size same everything... Look at the LCD and look at the LED... LED OWNS! At the same time, an LED tv uses the same amount of electricity as a LIGHTBULB!
oh and just so you know... screen burn-in exists in PLASMA! ... lol i love how noobs make wikipedia... for those who dont know, wiki is made by average ppl (you and me) who sign in and add their content. which is then either approved or denied... blind leading the blind... what world do we live in...

im so tired of non-techy people thinking they're smart cuz they got a smart phone... and they make a ppcgeeks account so they feel like geeks... no! you are not! those of us who are know it...! if you think you are techy its cuz you arent! if you need wiki to help you understand OLED... NO YOU ARE NOT!
/rant@!
Your welcome

Last edited by Tilde88; 05-15-2010 at 02:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
The cons outweight the benfits from what I see so far....I headed over to wikipedia...OLED and say the fallowing....

Screen burn-in

Power consumption

Outdoor performance

Lifespan

You can go to the website and see what I mean by that. Yeah it may have some great benifits, but it's still young...and I'm not a fad about early technology like amoled. Even SSD Hard Drives are to new for me...they still have issue...I would just much rather have something I know has been around for alot more time, before jumping to something new like a amoled screen.
do you think i really have screen burn in or am worried about lifespan. outdoor performance is only when the sun is bright and directly beaming on your phone, but all you have to do is turn the screen up. All the things your naming do not have anything to do with the fact the screen looks better. Maybe if i was worried about keeping my phone for 5 years then screen burn in and lifespan would be a problem, but look i have a nexus one and am already looking at an evo.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G