PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 08:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

saucratiz is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
reason for no almoed screen

I just read an article that said that Verizon is having problems keep the incredible in stock because of a shortage of the screen which is a part by made samsung, sprint can not afford any shortages or delays so the had to go with the tft screen
Old 05-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: reason for no almoed screen

At least put a source in your post. Anyone can post anything they want on their web page, the source matters.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:48 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanee View Post
At least put a source in your post. Anyone can post anything they want on their web page, the source matters.
Yes a source would be nice, thanks for understanding!

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Yes a source would be nice, thanks for understanding!

CW
Here's the article that talks about Verizon's shortage problems
Old 05-15-2010, 09:54 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
Here's the article that talks about Verizon's shortage problems
Thanks for the link. Seems like a good reason to me.

CW
Old 05-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think it's simpler than that. It's easier to modify existing, already developed phone instead of putting all R&D into new one. So what we have is more or less a duplicate of HD2, modified to run Android, and some small hardware tweaks here and there.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6850 TP
Carrier: Verizon

roghaj is just getting started

Quote:
I think it's simpler than that. It's easier to modify existing, already developed phone instead of putting all R&D into new one. So what we have is more or less a duplicate of HD2, modified to run Android, and some small hardware tweaks here and there.
Agreed 110%. Actually 100%, but I'm trying to emphasize how much I agree. I don't want to see posts after this one saying that 100% is the limit on agreement. Thanks

Also, TFT is supposed to be brighter. Never did a side by side, but of those that did, 85% say it is brighter, while 35% can't tell the difference.
-Roger
Old 05-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Smile Re: reason for no almoed screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by roghaj View Post
Agreed 110%. Actually 100%, but I'm trying to emphasize how much I agree. I don't want to see posts after this one saying that 100% is the limit on agreement. Thanks

Also, TFT is supposed to be brighter. Never did a side by side, but of those that did, 85% say it is brighter, while 35% can't tell the difference.
-Roger
I have a nexus, its an incredible difference. Colors are more rich and brighter then tft screen. I will miss this if I get an evo.
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I have a nexus, its an incredible difference. Colors are more rich and brighter then tft screen. I will miss this if I get an evo.
is it good in direct sunlight?
Old 05-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
is it good in direct sunlight?
Sucks in direct sunlight but most of the day I'm not walking outside on my phone. The sunrays have to beam on it directly. Also full brightness works but kills battery. Of course amoled is not perfect yet, but would choose over tft any day.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G