PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

secondechomatt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All Evo 4G Pre-Order Discussions Go Here

question for the experts...

I am on an old SERO plan. I know that I CAN'T use the EVO on a SERO line. Can I upgrade my plan and still receive the evo for the $199 price?

If so, what is the cheapest plan right now I can get?
Old 05-28-2010, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

iceturkee is just getting started

if you want to give up your sero plan, then you can get an evo for 200 hundred dollars. guess it would depend what was more important....your phone or how much you pay for your plan every month.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo!!

TheHoard is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
He said ATT is going to jump their early termination fee at the beginning of the month from $175 to $325 because of all the people fleeing ATT for Sprint and Verizon in the next 4 months.

Just repeating what he said to me...
Can't say I'm surprised. AT&T as a corporation is right up there with Sony and Microsoft in slimeball tactics. This is just further evidence that they don't give a damn about their customers who pay to keep them in business, but are only concerned with their bottom line and screwing as many people in the arse as possible to further increase their profit margin. One of the many reasons I'll never do business with AT&T again.

I hope they lose many customers to our side of the fence (Sprint, the dark side ).
Old 05-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Ahh I'm starting to get very anxious for this damn phone. I was doing a good job of being calm but that's out the window now. I keep checking my work inbox hoping that my EVP representative sends me an email telling me the EVO's are in stock.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
Ahh I'm starting to get very anxious for this damn phone. I was doing a good job of being calm but that's out the window now. I keep checking my work inbox hoping that my EVP representative sends me an email telling me the EVO's are in stock.
my evp rep sent me a email. he'll be out all next week.. WTF??
Old 05-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

I way underestimated the popularity of this phone. I miss the days when no one knew what a smart phone was and they were like the secret of those that are true geeks. I live in a smallish town outside of Charlotte and I thought for sure they'd still be taking preorders. So I called, they said they were still taking preorders. My wife went in to preorder while I was at work and they said the preorders are for the second wave.

I guess I'll be camping my local Sprint store next Thursday night now. I should have preordered sooner. This sucks.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Almost a VIP

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
I way underestimated the popularity of this phone. I miss the days when no one knew what a smart phone was and they were like the secret of those that are true geeks. I live in a smallish town outside of Charlotte and I thought for sure they'd still be taking preorders. So I called, they said they were still taking preorders. My wife went in to preorder while I was at work and they said the preorders are for the second wave.

I guess I'll be camping my local Sprint store next Thursday night now. I should have preordered sooner. This sucks.

any radio shacks around? they are supposed to get additional phones just for 'walk - in' sales.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung
Carrier: at&t

TeeBone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool2269 View Post
my friend was just told that by a ATT rep yesterday when she called. shes leaving ATT for Sprint before the ETF increases.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...ee_to_325.html
That doesn't make sense. The increase ETF is only on new contracts signed after June 1, it does not apply to existing customers.

And the AT&T is exclusive with the iPhone until late 2012, so Verizon isn't getting it before then. The original agreement was until mid 2012 and was extended to the end of 2012 once AT&T agreed to $30 data plan for the iPad.

However, that will not keep people over the next 2 years from spreading false rumors about the Verizon iPhone. Plus who cares even if the iPhone 4 does go to Verizon, the Evo is better hardware and Androird 2.2 will crush iPhone OS 4. The iPhone is old news.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeBone View Post
The increase ETF is only on new contracts signed after June 1, it does not apply to existing customers.
she is due to re-up her contract in june and if she does, her etf goes up
Old 05-28-2010, 10:45 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool2269 View Post
my evp rep sent me a email. he'll be out all next week.. WTF??
same here....must be Andrew....hope it does not affect the order

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G